"Adam Reach is a leader"

3 hours ago, fitz44 said:

God yeah, I'd forgotten about that. Monk should've been sacked that day.

The thing is, the fact that he's stepped up as a striker (or indeed a wing back, or left back, or right wing, or central midfield) regardless whether it was the best decision suggests he's someone you want in your team. 

Clearly no moaning.

Very rarely injured

Never stops running

Always a threat

Usually always contributes to our goals in some way.

Thise goals he's scored over the years mean the opposition to this day will always need do something to negate his threat - close down quickly, dont give him time etc... and it's for that reason he's a valuable asset to us and his teammates.  I imagine any opposition manager or player looks at our team sheet and would prefer Adam Reach to not be playing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gillyno9 said:

Reach best attributes are running with the ball, crossing and scoring the odd goal. Play him wide left and ask him to do these things. He’s rarely injured. Don’t understand why he gets so much stick.

Totally agree. Reach played wide on the left is quality. Some on here criticise him because he isnt great in the tackle but don't realise the amount of work he actually does. Will be our loss when he leaves at the season end.

5 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Some folk who have an inferiority complex re. leadership showing themselves already in this thread.

Reach, almost on his own, led us to safety under Jos and if you can’t see that then it says more about you than him.

Thats funny i thought it was Lucas & Big Daves goals that kept us up....how many goals did Reach score than?

7 hours ago, parajack said:

Utter sentimental nonsense,and in my view a distraction......No you dont have to be a 'shouter' to be a leader,far from it,seems to be more a description of 'role model' for a pro footballer,than a leader...not the same thing......

Reach allegedly goes MIA too many times in games where the need to work harder & dig in is paramount....

Hilarious post 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

He comes across in interviews as very intelligent and articulate.  I can see him being a youth coach minimum, when he packs in playing.  Maybe even a Sky or radio pundit.  

Not hard when you’re competing against the like of Jobi Mcanuff on efl games. Probably the most dreary pundit I’ve ever seen

I appreciate the sentiments from Dunkley, but I think he is a tiny bit off kilter.

I'd be more inclined to say that Reach is the consummate professional.     He's not the only one we have either - look at Palmer, you'd describe him as the same too - and people who read my posts will not be suprised that I mention Palmer when I say those words either.

Looking wider at the squad, who else could we label that term with?    A few, but not a lot.

• Love 2