"Adam Reach is a leader"

"Leaders don't have to be the most vocal. You can lead in different ways. By training well, being a role model, by providing a spark in a game.

To me Reachy is a leader as he comes up with something special every so often.

There's many leaders here. Some are evident and some are not as clear to the eye.

They'll be important to us moving forward."

From Chey Dunkley's presser this morning

• Like 3

Utter sentimental nonsense,and in my view a distraction......No you dont have to be a 'shouter' to be a leader,far from it,seems to be more a description of 'role model' for a pro footballer,than a leader...not the same thing......

Reach allegedly goes MIA too many times in games where the need to work harder & dig in is paramount....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

To be fair to Reach, there were times during Jos' reign when he was pretty much carrying the team. He can be infuriating with a seeming lack of bravery, but I will always remember how he stepped up during that time.

Agreed. He really did drag us out of the mire in that time.

• Like 2

The only people who can say whether he's a leader or not are his team mates.

I've not seen much sign of it. I accept a leader isn't just the loudest shouter but most leaders have one trait in common, they care for people, they understand them. Maybe I've missed it but I've never seen Reach put his arm round someone who's made a mistake or seen him have a quiet word in that situation either. It's little signs like that I look for on the pitch.

• Like 1

Definitely seen signs of this, like someone else said during our injury crisis under Jos, Reach stepped up, I’ve also noticed especially in cup matches when a few youngsters have played Reach seems to always be encouraging them and trying to lead by example. 

‘Not everyone leads by leading. Some people lead by following leaders and that gives the leader confidence to be the leaders they were led to be.’
Blah Blah Blah...

Blimey. Just play Reach on the left of the pitch. That’s where he’s best at playing football. 
Dunkley. Yes. We can tell you want to be captain because you keep telling us everyone else is a leader. Someone just give him the bloomin job and let us get back to the footy!

In my corporate career I went on over 20+ leadership/ management/ coaching courses. I quit that and don’t want to here soddin footballers regurgitating the same rounduns!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

‘Not everyone leads by leading. Some people lead by following leaders and that gives the leader confidence to be the leaders they were led to be.’
Blah Blah Blah...

Blimey. Just play Reach on the left of the pitch. That’s where he’s best at playing football. 
Dunkley. Yes. We can tell you want to be captain because you keep telling us everyone else is a leader. Someone just give him the bloomin job and let us get back to the footy!

In my corporate career I went on over 20+ leadership/ management/ coaching courses. I quit that and don’t want to here soddin footballers regurgitating the same rounduns!

Lead by example and stop posting about it then lol