How to watch Sheffield Wednesday games on an Imax sized screen whilst at home - step by step

@owlstalk

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

615YaAiA-ML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I want to show you how you can watch the Wednesday matches on the biggest Imax size screen possible, whilst sitting in your armchair with your beer and pizza' at home!

Note - before I start - this is something that you can try out and if you don't like it you can simply send the headset back no problem.

This headset will put the Wednesday match up in HD on an absolutely HUUUUGE screen (bigger than IMax) so you can sit back and enjoy it like you've never seen it before. It's like being in the biggest cinema you've ever been in

Also - this headset is genuinely mindblowing technology. It does stuff you will not believe. 

Sky Sports has a VR app on this headset where you can sit in the stadium during games in 3d watching the games from a seat that you choose. For instance I watched a game the other day and sat on their kop, then I moved to the executive boxes and watched from there, then I moved to right behind the dugouts where I watched the match and the back of Frank Lampards head looking all bald 🤣

The Sky Sports app is totally free too (it's called Sky Worlds Beta)

It's honestly incredible as anyone who has one of these already will tell you

There are games on this thing, 360 3D Vr movies, you can watch movies in the cinema (I watched Titanic in 3D yesterday, an old episode of Doctor Who, and then watched Sky Sports football highlights - all on a massssive screen)

Also there is Youtube on the biggest screen, there are football games like you can be a goalkeeper trying to save shots - in 3d VR so you're actually on the pitch in the net!)

HOW TO WATCH WEDNESDAY MATCHES ON THE BIGGEST SCREEN POSSIBLE WHILST AT HOME - STEP BY STEP

1 - Get an Oculus Quest 2 VR headset from here 👉 https://amzn.to/3aTrZfk

2 - When it comes simply fire it up and go to 'apps' then 'browser'

3 - Log into your SWFC official site account and purchase the video match pass

4 - Put it in full screen and watch the match

If you would like to know more about what this thing can do check this - 

Remember - you can order it, try it out for yourself and if you don't like it you can simply send it back no questions asked whatsoever

But there's not a chance in hell you will send it back - it'll honestly blow you away

Nice idea but the broadcast resolution of iFollow is absolutely dire...

• Like 3

Guest Grandad

I did this on a Samsung Gear VR headset - for the World Cup 2018. The BBC ran the games in VR mode and it was incredible - you could literally put yourself in the crowd and as you turned your head you could watch the game, or off the ball incidents - you could spend the whole game just looking at the goalkeeper if you wanted.

With the Samsung Gear VR you literally just slide your mobile phone into the back of the headset - so your mobile screen becomes the VR screen. The better the screen resolution the better the quality of picture.

You can use it to have virtual meetings with other users around a virtual meeting table - and the other attendees could choose their own avatar. I had a meeting with 3 friends - and one of them was Chewbacca. Samsung used Oculus technology to deliver that - but as take up was pretty low on these Samsung have taken a back seat for the time being.

Extremely clever.

image.png.453e5bd1965f4eb3d28f3fcd1cfd3775.png

3 minutes ago, marconi said:

Imagine all the Owlstalkers wife’s, already resigned to not getting much conversation from their other halves, then he puts a set of these on for two or three hours!

This is the other advantage of them- you can sod off into your own little world

lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Grandad said:

I did this on a Samsung Gear VR headset - for the World Cup 2018. The BBC ran the games in VR mode and it was incredible - you could literally put yourself in the crowd and as you turned your head you could watch the game, or off the ball incidents - you could spend the whole game just looking at the goalkeeper if you wanted.

With the Samsung Gear VR you literally just slide your mobile phone into the back of the headset - so your mobile screen becomes the VR screen. The better the screen resolution the better the quality of picture.

You can use it to have virtual meetings with other users around a virtual meeting table - and the other attendees could choose their own avatar. I had a meeting with 3 friends - and one of them was Chewbacca. Samsung used Oculus technology to deliver that - but as take up was pretty low on these Samsung have taken a back seat for the time being.

Extremely clever.

image.png.453e5bd1965f4eb3d28f3fcd1cfd3775.png

You should see these things now in 2021 mate - it's just jawdropping the difference 

I have used VR before on our James/ playstation but the resolution wasn't there for me 

Tried this Oculus Quest 2 knowing I could send it back if I didn't like it and OH MY WORD

Honestly - it's like going from a VHS tape to a 12k Video stream

Amazing how much things have advanced

This new one is genuinely another level of amazing

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad

My wife found it hilarious taking pictures of me wearing it and sharing them with her friends - saying how sad I was.

Changed her tune when I told her I was watching muck

Guest Grandad
7 minutes ago, marconi said:

She should have guessed anyway because of your masturbating.

She might have assumed I was watching videos of Wednesday from the early 90s

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You should see these things now in 2021 mate - it's just jawdropping the difference 

I have used VR before on our James/ playstation but the resolution wasn't there for me 

Tried this Oculus Quest 2 knowing I could send it back if I didn't like it and OH MY WORD

Honestly - it's like going from a VHS tape to a 12k Video stream

Amazing how much things have advanced

This new one is genuinely another level of amazing

Ah but did you adjust the tracking? or have said video retuned for Channel 5? lol

• Haha 3

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

My mate has one of these and is doing my head in trying to make me buy one!

He is using apps for fitness (he has a boxing app), which is obvious great during lockdown.

There's an app on there called CREED (The sylvester stallone film) 

When you start it up you are in the ring wearing boxing gloves

I'm not even kidding when I say that when you hold the gloves up to your face you cant' tell they're not real 

It's honestly that good

The game itself is ace too

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

My mate was a developer on this and is now working for Facebook developing their future slimmed down version.

Soon we will all ditch our phones and wear glasses doing all this stuff.

Definitely

This is just a taste of things to come and my god it's genuinely life changing

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is the other advantage of them- you can sod off into your own little world

lol

When we are allowed back in, you wont be going, will you?

Getting yourself set up to be a couch potato. 

DON'T DO IT. 

Stay alive, stay Wednesday. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There's an app on there called CREED (The sylvester stallone film) 

When you start it up you are in the ring wearing boxing gloves

I'm not even kidding when I say that when you hold the gloves up to your face you cant' tell they're not real 

It's honestly that good

The game itself is ace too

Don't you start on me as well lol

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Don't you start on me as well lol

Not even joking when I say listen to your mate

You'll actually thank him for it

It's rarely that I'm ever this passionate about any tech or new thing but this one will genuinely blow people's minds when they try it

It's like nothing people have ever seen or experienced before 

Owlstalk Shop