How to watch Sheffield Wednesday games on an Imax sized screen whilst at home - step by step

@owlstalk

I had that with the game I played in full 3d.

I read online a few places that said if you're getting motion sickness stick to games for 15-20 minutes at first, the feeling should subside as you get used to it.

I'd like racing game in VR i bet they're the ********, something like Gran Turismo or Forza with fully interior details would be awesome

• Like 1

Just been having a play with mine. Had to stop during the second rollercoaster as I genuinely though I was going to puke 🤦‍♂️

I'm really struggling with blurry text on the menus and browser etc. I wear glasses and have tried the device with and without the spacer but no joy. Anyone else had these issues? Any tips would be welcome because at the moment it's pretty bad 😟 

11 minutes ago, HullOwlPhil said:

Just been having a play with mine. Had to stop during the second rollercoaster as I genuinely though I was going to puke 🤦‍♂️

I'm really struggling with blurry text on the menus and browser etc. I wear glasses and have tried the device with and without the spacer but no joy. Anyone else had these issues? Any tips would be welcome because at the moment it's pretty bad 😟 

Are they fogging up as you use it? 

If they are, it's recommended that you warm the lenses up a bit before using the headset. 

If you literally put the headset onto your head for around 5 mins before using, that should solve it.

Make sure you have a microfibre cloth to give the lenses a wipe as they can get easily marked as well mate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HullOwlPhil said:

I wear reading glasses but can take them off to use  the headset

For other folks who wear glasses (not reading glasses) you might need to check:

1) The slider for the lenses are in exactly the right place
2) The glasses spacer with and wiithout
3) how tight you have the headset on and the exact positioning of it

OTher than that you may (MAY) need the prescription lenses for it

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

StudentOwl sees price of Oculus 

StudentOwl sees rave reviews

StudentOwl sees his stocks

StudentOwl sees his flatmate owing him £300 in bills

StudentOwl sees pay day within a week

Hmmm. Might wait for when it's next on sale. 🙃

I'm not even kidding when I say these things are worth double the price that they're being sold for

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not even kidding when I say these things are worth double the price that they're being sold for

Advantages of 256GB over 64GB?

I know it's more storage space, I more mean are we looking at downloading stuff direct to the Oculus, and if so is that 64GB gonna hold everything I might want, or am I going to have to be uninstalling and reinstalling programs? Are there lots of free apps, or is it another 40quid a pop to get some good stuff on there? 

Should I be concerned Mark Zuckerberg is scanning my retinas?

14 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Advantages of 256GB over 64GB?

I know it's more storage space, I more mean are we looking at downloading stuff direct to the Oculus, and if so is that 64GB gonna hold everything I might want, or am I going to have to be uninstalling and reinstalling programs? Are there lots of free apps, or is it another 40quid a pop to get some good stuff on there? 

Should I be concerned Mark Zuckerberg is scanning my retinas?

I had the same questions

So you download directly to Oculus yeah

It's like an Iphone though so you can download apps, and use them, then delete them off your device if you don't use them much but can still just download them again and use them as you've purchased them. 

64 Gig is way more than enough unless you use it every day all day and use a zillion apps during that time

There's LOAAAAADS of free apps on the official app store, but also loads more if you sideload apps or use the apps in the unofficial store (which is fine)

Apps aren't anywhere near £40 - the most expensive ones are about £20ish range but most are either free or a few quidz

Forget the Zuckerberg worries - he knows everything there is to know about you already either directly or through your friends base on facebook.
Personally I WANT companies to know what I like so they can serve me ads. Couldn't think of anything worse than being served ads for stuff I've no interest in

On a serious note though - seriously - try it. Order one from Amazon and play with it for a day or two and send it back if you don't like it. Guarantee you won't - you'll love this thing

I have never had a product where I've bought it and thought to myself that they've charged half of what it's actually really worth

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

615YaAiA-ML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I want to show you how you can watch the Wednesday matches on the biggest Imax size screen possible, whilst sitting in your armchair with your beer and pizza' at home!

Note - before I start - this is something that you can try out and if you don't like it you can simply send the headset back no problem.

Also - this is not something that anyone can describe to you how amazing it is. It's one of those things you really do actually have to try for yourself as it's something you will never have seen/experienced before - even if you think you have (you haven't)

This headset will put the Wednesday match up in HD on an absolutely HUUUUGE screen (bigger than IMax) so you can sit back and enjoy it like you've never seen it before. It's like being in the biggest cinema you've ever been in

Also - this headset is genuinely mindblowing technology. It does stuff you will not believe. 

Sky Sports has a VR app on this headset where you can sit in the stadium during games in 3d watching the games from a seat that you choose. For instance I watched a game the other day and sat on their kop, then I moved to the executive boxes and watched from there, then I moved to right behind the dugouts where I watched the match and the back of Frank Lampards head looking all bald 🤣

The Sky Sports app is totally free too (it's called Sky Worlds Beta)

It's honestly incredible as anyone who has one of these already will tell you

There are games on this thing, 360 3D Vr movies, you can watch movies in the cinema (I watched Titanic in 3D yesterday, an old episode of Doctor Who, and then watched Sky Sports football highlights - all on a massssive screen)

Also there is Youtube on the biggest screen, there are football games like you can be a goalkeeper trying to save shots - in 3d VR so you're actually on the pitch in the net!)

HOW TO WATCH WEDNESDAY MATCHES ON THE BIGGEST SCREEN POSSIBLE WHILST AT HOME - STEP BY STEP

1 - Get an Oculus Quest 2 VR headset from here 👉 https://amzn.to/3aTrZfk

2 - When it comes simply fire it up and go to 'apps' then 'browser'

3 - Log into your SWFC official site account and purchase the video match pass

4 - Put it in full screen and watch the match

If you would like to know more about what this thing can do check this - 

Remember - you can order it, try it out for yourself and if you don't like it you can simply send it back no questions asked whatsoever

But there's not a chance in hell you will send it back - it'll honestly blow you away

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

On 06/02/2021 at 13:00, WatfordOwl said:

Had it for a couple of hours now - wow! 

I wasn't expecting to be blown away by it, but my word - for that price, this is an absolute steal.  

I reckon if I'd paid £500 for mine I'd have thought it was a bargain

The price they're selling these at is ridiculously low isnt it?!

Never seen a new tech device sold for half the price of what it's really worth before

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop