Jump to content

How to watch Sheffield Wednesday games on an Imax sized screen whilst at home - step by step


@owlstalk
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest Grandad
9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:


 

Did you enable 120hz?

 

Ive never once experienced motion sick ends nor has anyone whos used mine?

 

 

Enabling highest refresh rate can help if you do though 

 

 

I didnt because much of the software doesnt support the higher rate and i couldnt be arsed with switching to play one game or the other.

 

One of the worst things for it was the google maps - the motion sickness that gave me was horrendous. I'd literally have to sit down and the back of my neck was sweating. and the Darth Vader one was horrendous for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Sub-par resolution surprises me. The motion sickness - fair enough, not for everyone... but I thought the resolution would be a hands down winner. Gutted to hear that. 

 

I'd definitely recommend trying one - if its your kind of thing.

 

Personally I really wanted it for business use - for virtual meeting rooms etc - but its really not up to that yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Grandad said:

I didnt because much of the software doesnt support the higher rate and i couldnt be arsed with switching to play one game or the other.

 

One of the worst things for it was the google maps - the motion sickness that gave me was horrendous. I'd literally have to sit down and the back of my neck was sweating. and the Darth Vader one was horrendous for it.

 



That's really odd - I've never seen anyone  experience that


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beat sabre is fun and handy exercise! 

 

Couple of things. 

Anyone find the lense reflects slightly? 

 

Also any recommendations for fitness apps. I know there's a decent one that's a monthly sub but any that are a one time payment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, darklord said:

Beat sabre is fun and handy exercise! 

 

Couple of things. 

Anyone find the lense reflects slightly? 

 

Also any recommendations for fitness apps. I know there's a decent one that's a monthly sub but any that are a one time payment

 

 

 

Lens reflections can be solved by simply popping on another face cover (ultra comfy too!) - https://amzn.to/3mDLMWU

 

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, darklord said:

 

 

Also any recommendations for fitness apps. I know there's a decent one that's a monthly sub but any that are a one time payment



For fitness just get the rocky balboa game - that'll have you ripped in no time!

I must have lost three stone just playing the demo

 

lol

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a few new apps over Christmas.

 

Richie's plank experience - jesus christ! Actually nearly soiled myself walking out to the edge on that thing. 

 

Got the Vader Immortal series (all 3) for £10.99 - reyt bargain. 

 

 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WatfordOwl said:

Got a few new apps over Christmas.

 

Richie's plank experience - jesus christ! Actually nearly soiled myself walking out to the edge on that thing. 

 

Got the Vader Immortal series (all 3) for £10.99 - reyt bargain. 

 

 



That's a great price for all the Vaders!

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:



That's a great price for all the Vaders!

 

Only done the first 30 mins or so of the 1st one, bloody good though.

 

This bit of kit is something you go back to every few months I reckon, but you'll always find something new as it's evolving.

 

Posted this one in the other thread, but 8 games/experiences for £13.59 - complete bargain.

 

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/fanatical-quest-vr-bundle

 

Website's legit as well, I was a bit duibious about it to begin with.

 

 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

Only done the first 30 mins or so of the 1st one, bloody good though.

 

This bit of kit is something you go back to every few months I reckon, but you'll always find something new as it's evolving.

 

Posted this one in the other thread, but 8 games/experiences for £13.59 - complete bargain.

 

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/fanatical-quest-vr-bundle

 

Website's legit as well, I was a bit duibious about it to begin with.

 

 



That's great - thanks for the link - gonna be buying from there by looks of it


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...