How to watch Sheffield Wednesday games on an Imax sized screen whilst at home - step by step

If anybody DOES want an Oculus headset - I'm selling mine.

I bought the one with the 64GB memory - Ive used it for about 5 hours in total.

It was £299.00 - I'll let it go for £225.00.

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

How come you're selling it?

I appreciate it'll be because you don't want/use it (lol) , but is it because it's more a novelty item or not your sort of thing or what?

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

You're sellling just as they're about to announce all the updates/upgrades!

Owlstalk Shop

27 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

How come you're selling it?

I appreciate it'll be because you don't want/use it (lol) , but is it because it's more a novelty item or not your sort of thing or what?

Im literally only using it for 1 game and I don't play it enough to warrant it

Its an awesome game though. Beat Saber

36 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Im literally only using it for 1 game and I don't play it enough to warrant it

Its an awesome game though. Beat Saber

Can I sleep on it?

If anyone else dives in they absolutely take precedent IMO

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Grandad said:

17 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Can I sleep on it?

If anyone else dives in they absolutely take precedent IMO

Sorry Grandad, don't think I can justify the expense to myself right now*. I'm sure you'll be able to shift it for at least that price though, it's a cracking deal/offer. Best of luck!

*That's 90% the reason why. The other 10% is me imagining Neil metaphorically pulling his metaphorical hair out at someone not getting it for such a good price. I'm giggling like a schoolgirl thinking about it.

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

*That's 90% the reason why. The other 10% is me imagining Neil metaphorically pulling his metaphorical hair out at someone not getting it for such a good price. I'm giggling like a schoolgirl thinking about it.

I would have bought it myself but I've already got one and am getting an Xbox Series X this week

Owlstalk Shop

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I would have bought it myself but I've already got one and am getting an Xbox Series X this week

That subscription money is doing alright for you isn't it? lol 

• Haha 1

Finally got mine yesterday.

Not had too much of a play but a few things so far.

The Elton John video blew me away ,  I wasn’t expecting it to be that good.... very very clever.  I have never used VR before so it was probably the best thing I could have watched to give me a preview of what could be done.

table tennis game.    I lost 2 hours today playing this.   It’s ridiculous how realistic it is. I lost myself in the game and did start thinking I was in a cabin at the top of a mountain.  

also bought one of the golf games (might be called top putt)  , loads of different modes and themes .  Again 30 mins flew past. 

also had a quick look on sky worlds .  Good how can watch the sky sports channels on a big screen.  I did start to notice the headset was a big tight on my head and caused bit of a headache ,  but imagine just a case of messing about to get the fit right.

So I’m really impressed so far with only a few hours of use.   Might have to look through this thread again to see what I should be looking at next.

Wow this is quality.

i l have turned into Neil telling my mates to get one.   I won’t be buying anymore games until I can get off table tennis.  It’s the most addictive thing I’ve ever played . And I’m getting better at it which doesn’t help .

ive started doing the virtual hand claps to my opponents after a good shot.  The dog thinks I’m mental !!!

On 28/04/2021 at 16:55, rawowl said:

Finally got mine yesterday.

Not had too much of a play but a few things so far.

The Elton John video blew me away ,  I wasn’t expecting it to be that good.... very very clever.  I have never used VR before so it was probably the best thing I could have watched to give me a preview of what could be done.

table tennis game.    I lost 2 hours today playing this.   It’s ridiculous how realistic it is. I lost myself in the game and did start thinking I was in a cabin at the top of a mountain.  

also bought one of the golf games (might be called top putt)  , loads of different modes and themes .  Again 30 mins flew past. 

also had a quick look on sky worlds .  Good how can watch the sky sports channels on a big screen.  I did start to notice the headset was a big tight on my head and caused bit of a headache ,  but imagine just a case of messing about to get the fit right.

So I’m really impressed so far with only a few hours of use.   Might have to look through this thread again to see what I should be looking at next.

Welcome to VR!
It's great fun!

Owlstalk Shop

On 30/04/2021 at 12:22, rawowl said:

Wow this is quality.

i l have turned into Neil telling my mates to get one.   I won’t be buying anymore games until I can get off table tennis.  It’s the most addictive thing I’ve ever played . And I’m getting better at it which doesn’t help .

ive started doing the virtual hand claps to my opponents after a good shot.  The dog thinks I’m mental !!!

ha ha wait tiil you try the other stuff!

Owlstalk Shop

On 30/04/2021 at 12:22, rawowl said:

Wow this is quality.

Try Beat Saber

Its literally the best gaming experience of all time ever.

11 hours ago, Grandad said:

Try Beat Saber

Its literally the best gaming experience of all time ever.

Cheers.  I have seen that is popular.  Will go for that.

anything else recommend? Games or video.

the Elton John will be my go to example when showing friends .

Go to the home page on oculus on the left click entertainment. There's a great documentary about the Serengeti wildebeest river crossing.

The short version of David Blanes ascension is good as is the free solo climb of El Capitan in Yosemite.