Jump to content

How to watch Sheffield Wednesday games on an Imax sized screen whilst at home - step by step


Recommended Posts

If anybody DOES want an Oculus headset - I'm selling mine.

 

I bought the one with the 64GB memory - Ive used it for about 5 hours in total.

 

It was £299.00 - I'll let it go for £225.00.


"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grandad said:

If anybody DOES want an Oculus headset - I'm selling mine.

 

I bought the one with the 64GB memory - Ive used it for about 5 hours in total.

 

It was £299.00 - I'll let it go for £225.00.

How come you're selling it?

I appreciate it'll be because you don't want/use it (lol) , but is it because it's more a novelty item or not your sort of thing or what?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grandad said:

If anybody DOES want an Oculus headset - I'm selling mine.

 

I bought the one with the 64GB memory - Ive used it for about 5 hours in total.

 

It was £299.00 - I'll let it go for £225.00.

 

 

You're sellling just as they're about to announce all the updates/upgrades!

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

How come you're selling it?

I appreciate it'll be because you don't want/use it (lol) , but is it because it's more a novelty item or not your sort of thing or what?

Im literally only using it for 1 game and I don't play it enough to warrant it

 

Its an awesome game though. Beat Saber


"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Im literally only using it for 1 game and I don't play it enough to warrant it

 

Its an awesome game though. Beat Saber

Can I sleep on it?

If anyone else dives in they absolutely take precedent IMO

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Grandad said:

If anybody DOES want an Oculus headset - I'm selling mine.

 

I bought the one with the 64GB memory - Ive used it for about 5 hours in total.

 

It was £299.00 - I'll let it go for £225.00.

 

17 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Can I sleep on it?

If anyone else dives in they absolutely take precedent IMO

Sorry Grandad, don't think I can justify the expense to myself right now*. I'm sure you'll be able to shift it for at least that price though, it's a cracking deal/offer. Best of luck!

 

 

 

*That's 90% the reason why. The other 10% is me imagining Neil metaphorically pulling his metaphorical hair out at someone not getting it for such a good price. I'm giggling like a schoolgirl thinking about it.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

 

 

*That's 90% the reason why. The other 10% is me imagining Neil metaphorically pulling his metaphorical hair out at someone not getting it for such a good price. I'm giggling like a schoolgirl thinking about it.



I would have bought it myself but I've already got one and am getting an Xbox Series X this week


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:



I would have bought it myself but I've already got one and am getting an Xbox Series X this week

That subscription money is doing alright for you isn't it? lol 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got mine yesterday.

 

Not had too much of a play but a few things so far.

 

The Elton John video blew me away ,  I wasn’t expecting it to be that good.... very very clever.  I have never used VR before so it was probably the best thing I could have watched to give me a preview of what could be done.

 

table tennis game.    I lost 2 hours today playing this.   It’s ridiculous how realistic it is. I lost myself in the game and did start thinking I was in a cabin at the top of a mountain.  
 

also bought one of the golf games (might be called top putt)  , loads of different modes and themes .  Again 30 mins flew past. 
 

also had a quick look on sky worlds .  Good how can watch the sky sports channels on a big screen.  I did start to notice the headset was a big tight on my head and caused bit of a headache ,  but imagine just a case of messing about to get the fit right.

 

So I’m really impressed so far with only a few hours of use.   Might have to look through this thread again to see what I should be looking at next.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow this is quality.

 

i l have turned into Neil telling my mates to get one.   I won’t be buying anymore games until I can get off table tennis.  It’s the most addictive thing I’ve ever played . And I’m getting better at it which doesn’t help .

 

ive started doing the virtual hand claps to my opponents after a good shot.  The dog thinks I’m mental !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/04/2021 at 16:55, rawowl said:

Finally got mine yesterday.

 

Not had too much of a play but a few things so far.

 

The Elton John video blew me away ,  I wasn’t expecting it to be that good.... very very clever.  I have never used VR before so it was probably the best thing I could have watched to give me a preview of what could be done.

 

table tennis game.    I lost 2 hours today playing this.   It’s ridiculous how realistic it is. I lost myself in the game and did start thinking I was in a cabin at the top of a mountain.  
 

also bought one of the golf games (might be called top putt)  , loads of different modes and themes .  Again 30 mins flew past. 
 

also had a quick look on sky worlds .  Good how can watch the sky sports channels on a big screen.  I did start to notice the headset was a big tight on my head and caused bit of a headache ,  but imagine just a case of messing about to get the fit right.

 

So I’m really impressed so far with only a few hours of use.   Might have to look through this thread again to see what I should be looking at next.

 

 

Welcome to VR!
It's great fun!


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/04/2021 at 12:22, rawowl said:

Wow this is quality.

 

i l have turned into Neil telling my mates to get one.   I won’t be buying anymore games until I can get off table tennis.  It’s the most addictive thing I’ve ever played . And I’m getting better at it which doesn’t help .

 

ive started doing the virtual hand claps to my opponents after a good shot.  The dog thinks I’m mental !!!

 

 

 

ha ha wait tiil you try the other stuff!


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/04/2021 at 12:22, rawowl said:

Wow this is quality.

 

i l have turned into Neil telling my mates to get one.   I won’t be buying anymore games until I can get off table tennis.  It’s the most addictive thing I’ve ever played . And I’m getting better at it which doesn’t help .

 

ive started doing the virtual hand claps to my opponents after a good shot.  The dog thinks I’m mental !!!

 

Try Beat Saber

 

Its literally the best gaming experience of all time ever.

 

 


"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Grandad said:

 

Try Beat Saber

 

Its literally the best gaming experience of all time ever.

 

 

Cheers.  I have seen that is popular.  Will go for that.

 

anything else recommend? Games or video.

 

the Elton John will be my go to example when showing friends .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to the home page on oculus on the left click entertainment. There's a great documentary about the Serengeti wildebeest river crossing.

 

The short version of David Blanes ascension is good as is the free solo climb of El Capitan in Yosemite.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...