How to watch Sheffield Wednesday games on an Imax sized screen whilst at home - step by step

Oh sod it, I've ordered one. Neil, do you need to be a sky subscriber to use the stadium thing? If so, do you think I could use my daughter's subscription details?

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Its this one

You don’t even have to like Elton John for this one 

Just had a blazing row - because she tried to watch it (took over 10 minutes just to talk her through pressing fekkin PLAY after I'd lined it up), gave it about 30 seconds and took it off saying she'd seen enough and its not really her thing as she felt like she was moving when she was sat still and she doesnt know why I even bother showing her crap like this

But I thought it was good

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

17 hours ago, Señor Sam said:

Am seriously looking at buying one of these, an updated version was announced a couple of days ago but won't be available until 2023. I might not be around by then.

Genuine question:Is this a gadget for gamers ? 

I'd say an all round entertainment product as opposed to 'just' for gamers. 

tbh - I'm getting more enjoyment out of the other stuff it does like watching films in a cinema, 3d, using Wander to travel the world, and I've only just scratched the surface with it. 

The gaming aspect is decent, some trial titles that you can jump into through App Labs that will give you a feel for the type of games you'll enjoy before purchasing full titles. 

I'm considering getting a desktop PC with a bit of oompf just to play some PC VR titles on it as well - you can hook this up to a PC. 

There's a reasonably diverse range of games on it tbh - Google won't give you a sense of the experience you get from experiencing it yourself tbh - it's worth just shy of £300 to try it out and return if it's not for you. 

Best impulse buy I've ever made.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, thesouthowl said:

I have downloaded Wander too, has been fun checking out my old houses and schools and things.

Didn't realise, but my Mrs is on Google Street view putting the rubbish out 🤣

Some of the stuff on here is amazing, was up K2 the other day which was quite surreal.

Youtube VR has some pretty amazing stuff on it too, I will check out the Andy Serkakis thing and Elton John too.

I have been using SidequestVR and sideloading apps as there are so many more out there than on the store.

You can use SidequestVR to view and install a lot of games and apps (I'm currently trying out some of the classic Dooms) without the need for a PC. 

It seems quite daunting at first, but it is quite easy when you get into it and there are numerous tutorials.

Loved the Sky VR footy on Sunday, really think that this won't be a gimmick like the 3D was.

I have bought the official Elite Strap, but to be honest I don't think it has made that much difference to me, certainly easier though than the original strap. 

It's easy to plug some headphones in as well and then not annoy my wife if I'm watching something. 

My only gripe is I wish there was more IPD adjustment as I'm sure I have a wonky head and one eye is slightly wider than the other. I have found that if your view doesn't seem crisp, adjust the headset slightly using one eye at a time to focus. That way I have found a sweet spot for viewing.

There is an incredible three part series on climbing Everest in 3d VR - I think it's on the quest app - the end bit at the top of Everest is truly jawdropping

Andy Serkis We Are Stars
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Tour

both amazing

You're right about the football - it' s 100% here to stay that 

I didn't get the elite strap I got a third party one and love it 

IPD adjustment - there's three official points that the lenses snap to, but you can ease the lenses between snap points and it sticks 

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, Grandad said:

Just had a blazing row - because she tried to watch it (took over 10 minutes just to talk her through pressing fekkin PLAY after I'd lined it up), gave it about 30 seconds and took it off saying she'd seen enough and its not really her thing as she felt like she was moving when she was sat still and she doesnt know why I even bother showing her crap like this

But I thought it was good

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

IPD adjustment - there's three official points that the lenses snap to, but you can ease the lenses between snap points and it sticks 

I'm 68mm according to an app I used to measure mine.

Quite proud of that

lol

14 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'm 68mm according to an app I used to measure mine.

Quite proud of that

lol

My IPD is larger than the recommended size for this headset

I have zero problems - it looks amazing

Owlstalk Shop

20 hours ago, keefdave said:

Oh sod it, I've ordered one. Neil, do you need to be a sky subscriber to use the stadium thing? If so, do you think I could use my daughter's subscription details?

Yeah you just log into your Sky account so 'should' be fine 👍

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Oh my days

I just downloaded a free game called Bait

Just sat by the dock having a little fish, it's bloody great, use your rod with one hand, reel them in with the other.

It's great fun

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Oh my days

I just downloaded a free game called Bait

Just sat by the dock having a little fish, it's bloody great, use your rod with one hand, reel them in with the other.

It's great fun

There's one called Real VR fishing

Looks so real it's like looking at the real world

Also - you can have a little TV so you can watch footy or tv/movies whilst you fish

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There's one called Real VR fishing

Looks so real it's like looking at the real world

Also - you can have a little TV so you can watch footy or tv/movies whilst you fish

That looks great,  gotta admit this morning is the first time I've touched my Oculus for about 3/4 days.

I'm slacking

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

PS to anyone who's got one of these - log into Youtube VR app and search for 'Cannafornia'

Thank me later 😉

See I wasn't going to mention these, but yes they are very good. 

I keep seeing a lot of Chinese ones popping up as well. I thought Youtube would've kicked stuff like this off the platform - not complaining you understand.

• Haha 1