How to watch Sheffield Wednesday games on an Imax sized screen whilst at home - step by step

@owlstalk

23 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

Had it for a couple of hours now - wow! 

I wasn't expecting to be blown away by it, but my word - for that price, this is an absolute steal. 

Genuinely cacked myself on the roller coaster ride, Youtube looks incredible and just sideloaded my IPTV sub onto it for the game this afternoon.

Literally grinned like an idiot when I first started doing the tutorial on it, it's cartoon esque, but just feels like you're there.

Genuinely impressed by how good it is, never realised you could buy VR as a standalone piece of kit, thanks for the recommendation. 

No worries

Enjoy!

My tips:

Download and explore the Youtube VR App

Also the best place to view videos, watch a bit of TV and watch a few films (all for free) is definitely BIGSCREEN

Also load in Netflix app and Amazon Prime VR

They're my go to apps for watching stuff

Then also check out WANDER if you like exploring google maps, going to streetview anywhere in the world, checking out the grand canyon, eiffel tower,  your own street etc - amazing stuff

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

41 minutes ago, HullOwlPhil said:

I want one.

I really, really want one.

Mate - GET IT.

Honestly, had a good on PSVR previosuly and it doesn't even come close to this. 

Even if you tried it and didn't like it, 28 day returns most places - but honestly you'll be hooked on it. 

The fact it's wireless is a massive plus, not restricted in the same way a lot are with wires. 

An impulse buy is needed every now and again - even the Mrs (who said I was a kid for even looking at it) loves it. 

• Like 1

Just now, WatfordOwl said:

Mate - GET IT.

Honestly, had a good on PSVR previosuly and it doesn't even come close to this. 

Even if you tried it and didn't like it, 28 day returns most places - but honestly you'll be hooked on it. 

The fact it's wireless is a massive plus, not restricted in the same way a lot are with wires. 

An impulse buy is needed every now and again - even the Mrs (who said I was a kid for even looking at it) loves it. 

That's what I found with my missus too - she's loving it!

Also - when you stumble onto 3D movies and 3D trailers it goes up another level again!

Owlstalk Shop

34 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No worries

Enjoy!

My tips:

Download and explore the Youtube VR App

Also the best place to view videos, watch a bit of TV and watch a few films (all for free) is definitely BIGSCREEN

Also load in Netflix app and Amazon Prime VR

They're my go to apps for watching stuff

Then also check out WANDER if you like exploring google maps, going to streetview anywhere in the world, checking out the grand canyon, eiffel tower,  your own street etc - amazing stuff

Yeah got big screen on next to download. 

Wander looks awesome as well - I saw that come up on recommended apps. 

Not sure about the chat rooms though - heard that there's some freaky characters hanging out in them, might give it a blast just for a giggle. 

Just now, WatfordOwl said:

Yeah got big screen on next to download. 

Wander looks awesome as well - I saw that come up on recommended apps. 

Not sure about the chat rooms though - heard that there's some freaky characters hanging out in them, might give it a blast just for a giggle. 

I've not been in any of the chat rooms myself - not even seen any to go into?

Bigscreen is unreal

360 3D on the Youtube VR app is just amazing

So much so that I'm going to get a 360 3D camera just a couple off weeks after buying a 360 camera!

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I've not been in any of the chat rooms myself - not even seen any to go into?

Bigscreen is unreal

360 3D on the Youtube VR app is just amazing

So much so that I'm going to get a 360 3D camera just a couple off weeks after buying a 360 camera!

Bigscreen is incredible.

Just lost 2 hours of my life literally just sitting in cinema watching 3d trailers and chucking popcorn about. 

There's soooooooooooo much I want to muck about with it on there now - just need to work out how to link up my own library of films to watch in there. 

It is truly, truly amazing. 

Can you imagine the potential something like this has in today's climate? Any retailer could set up a virtual shop so you could browse and add items to your basket as you go - not the real thing, but the very next best thing.

3d I thought would die a death for home cinema, but having it on such a massive screen brings back just how good it is. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HullOwlPhil said:

I'm really pumped for this.

Delivery isn't until Tuesday though.

Honestly mate, there's so much to mess about with, make sure you've cleared your calendar for a few days. lol

Even the basic tutorials are bloody good. 

I set up Steam VR and had a mooch about in Subnautica, quite insane, going to need to buy Virtual Desktop I think to make it worthwhile to not be tethered to the PC

Then I watched about 3 episodes of Toast Of London in Netflix.

Got Sidequest installed and tried a few of the Indie VR stuff, including this minecraft style dungeon game with Swords & Throwing Daggers, that one gave me a bit of motion sickness though, took a while to get over it 😂

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

last night I watched documentaries on Netflix on it

Amazing stuff

Just to be able to watch things on a MASSSSIVE screen really is great

I've developed my first little gripe with it, not major but annoying. 

Have a massive film library that I basically want to access through Bigscreen and/or Skybox VR. Quest picks it up and shows the content, but won't play anything. 

Messed about with it a lot yesterday trying to get it to work with a Plex server, my only other option is to connect it via a cable from hard drive storage - adapter on order to do it tomorrow. Not the end of the world, but when you come up with an issue like this, the internet should be your friend and wasn't. 

Is there much content for 3d on Netflix? Noticed most of the films are only locked to the US - guessing a VPN might get round that. 

I downloaded the Puzzling Places demo from Sidequest - that is cracking, and gets you active. 

Gonna have a look at Creed tonight - might buy thrill of the fight as well.