How to watch Sheffield Wednesday games on an Imax sized screen whilst at home - step by step

Just got mine today and not 100% convinced.

What's the menus like for you guys? Really sharp? 

Tried the 8k Dubai video and again that didn't look all that sharp. Had a play with the lenses, cleaning, trying different widths, adjusting my viewing angle in the device to try and get this so called sweet spot. But still this demo didn't look all that sharp.

Will have another go tomorrow but at the moment it's looking like a return is in order 

Edited by agentwalker

Am seriously looking at buying one of these, an updated version was announced a couple of days ago but won't be available until 2023. I might not be around by then.

Genuine question:Is this a gadget for gamers ? 

12 hours ago, Grandad said:

Tonight I downloaded the Vader game

Oh my God. At one point he walked right up to me, got right in my face, and I nearly fell over it was so realistic

Neil. If you think the boxing gloves in Creed are good, look at the leather gloves you wear in this. 

The fighting with the light saber was incredibly cool too

You are my guide to this as you've got a Gear VR and seemed quite unsure if it's worth the upgrade. What are your thoughts having had it a few days?

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

You are my guide to this as you've got a Gear VR and seemed quite unsure if it's worth the upgrade. What are your thoughts having had it a few days?

I'm using it more and more.

I do think if Neil had tried the Gear VR (3 years old tech) he might not have been so gushing in his praise for the Oculus, it's certainly not revolutionary.

But the experience has improved and this Oculus is definitely better than the Gear VR was - the integrated speakers are a huge benefit. Is it worth £300 - definitely.

Is it worth £300 if you've already got a Gear VR?? You will have to be the judge of that.

Get it ordered. You can always send it back (and you probably won't)

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

I'm using it more and more.

I do think if Neil had tried the Gear VR (3 years old tech) he might not have been so gushing in his praise for the Oculus, it's certainly not revolutionary.

But the experience has improved and this Oculus is definitely better than the Gear VR was - the integrated speakers are a huge benefit. Is it worth £300 - definitely.

Is it worth £300 if you've already got a Gear VR?? You will have to be the judge of that.

Get it ordered. You can always send it back (and you probably won't)

Thanks.

Has your other half got into it at all? I'd like it to be a device all the family use. I'm sure the 9 year old Star Wars geek will love it!

11 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Just got mine today and not 100% convinced.

What's the menus like for you guys? Really sharp? 

Tried the 8k Dubai video and again that didn't look all that sharp. Had a play with the lenses, cleaning, trying different widths, adjusting my viewing angle in the device to try and get this so called sweet spot. But still this demo didn't look all that sharp.

Will have another go tomorrow but at the moment it's looking like a return is in order 

What 8K Dubai video?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Thanks.

Has your other half got into it at all? I'd like it to be a device all the family use. I'm sure the 9 year old Star Wars geek will love it!

You won’t be able to get it off em

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Thanks.

She used it for 3 minutes

She hates tech though

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Gone for it.

Deciding factor for me is the fitness side of things - hoping to get myself moving. I'm thinking I can combine using it with going on the cross trainer - looks like there are things like a VR New York Marathon run, so I can put it on and look around while I'm on the cross trainer and not get bored! Hopefully it won't make me feel too sick! Anyone aware of any more content like this?

Question re head strap - I'm sure I'll get a version of the elite one, but for using as the above, which one will be less sweaty?! 

RE price- £279.99 at GAME, so got John Lewis to price match. Picking up from local store tomorrow.

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

this was the one

Yeah i you view that on youtube in a browser and drop it to 1080p that was about the quality i'm seeing using the set 

47 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Yeah i you view that on youtube in a browser and drop it to 1080p that was about the quality i'm seeing using the set 

Ok 

You won't get an 8k resolution in any video - remember when it says 8K it means the whole globe all the way around you is 8K so you're only ever viewing a small tiny part of that at any one time 

Try this

Load up the CREED demo (it's a game) and try that 

Open the game and start it up so you're boxing in the ring 

See what that looks like

Owlstalk Shop

I have downloaded Wander too, has been fun checking out my old houses and schools and things.

Didn't realise, but my Mrs is on Google Street view putting the rubbish out 🤣

Some of the stuff on here is amazing, was up K2 the other day which was quite surreal.

Youtube VR has some pretty amazing stuff on it too, I will check out the Andy Serkakis thing and Elton John too.

I have been using SidequestVR and sideloading apps as there are so many more out there than on the store.

You can use SidequestVR to view and install a lot of games and apps (I'm currently trying out some of the classic Dooms) without the need for a PC. 

It seems quite daunting at first, but it is quite easy when you get into it and there are numerous tutorials.

Loved the Sky VR footy on Sunday, really think that this won't be a gimmick like the 3D was.

I have bought the official Elite Strap, but to be honest I don't think it has made that much difference to me, certainly easier though than the original strap. 

It's easy to plug some headphones in as well and then not annoy my wife if I'm watching something. 

My only gripe is I wish there was more IPD adjustment as I'm sure I have a wonky head and one eye is slightly wider than the other. I have found that if your view doesn't seem crisp, adjust the headset slightly using one eye at a time to focus. That way I have found a sweet spot for viewing.

• Like 1