Jump to content

How to watch Sheffield Wednesday games on an Imax sized screen whilst at home - step by step


Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I said this in the other thread but Space Pirates Trainer is immense.

 

Dodging lasers shot by alien robots and shooting back makes you feel like Star Lord from Guardians Of The Galaxy. It's like space invaders on ALL the steroids

 

https://youtu.be/oGyFBiH5gsE

 

 


Yeah that looks ace


Does your controller get feedback when your shield gets hit?


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 


Yeah that looks ace


Does your controller get feedback when your shield gets hit?

 

I want to say yes, but as I'm not playing it I cannot for the life of me confirm that is 100% for certain.

 

It would be weird if it didnt, right?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

 

I want to say yes, but as I'm not playing it I cannot for the life of me confirm that is 100% for certain.

 

It would be weird if it didnt, right?

 



Yeh - I might take the plunge


If I can ever get off WANDER

 

lol

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:



Yeh - I might take the plunge


If I can ever get off WANDER

 

lol

 

 

I might get on Wander too.

 

It's not just a glorified non official version of Google Earth is it?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

 

I might get on Wander too.

 

It's not just a glorified non official version of Google Earth is it?

 

 

 


You could possibly call it that 

LIke Streetview but in VR


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

 

I might get on Wander too.

 

It's not just a glorified non official version of Google Earth is it?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Press play for an overview ♥️


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neil or anyone else who watched the Arsenal v Leeds game on Sunday.   What’s it like ?  Would it work with a full stadium,   Would you watch all the game Using the headset or would you do 20 mins here and there.

 

probably April by the time I get mine (decent idea for a birthday present, and just got the PS5 so not sure could justify getting this straight away but really intrigued to see what it’s all about as never experienced VR.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, rawowl said:

Neil or anyone else who watched the Arsenal v Leeds game on Sunday.   What’s it like ?  Would it work with a full stadium,   Would you watch all the game Using the headset or would you do 20 mins here and there.

 

probably April by the time I get mine (decent idea for a birthday present, and just got the PS5 so not sure could justify getting this straight away but really intrigued to see what it’s all about as never experienced VR.  

I didn't watch it on Skysports - I have an IPTV service that works really well with it. 

 

It's similar to watching on a 100 inch screen (curved) - I watched the whole game with the headset on, and that's probably about the limit (for me at least) to be wearing it. 

 

The clarity is very, very good - doesn't buffer the connection when watching a 720p stream - tried with a 1080 and it's ok, but the odd time it will buffer. 

 

Don't buy this just for something like watching footy though - it will become part of your everyday life for other reasons, you need to experience it to get a real grasp of the hype around it, but honestly - you won't be disappointed by it even the most sceptical would be turned I'd be willing to wager. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

I didn't watch it on Skysports - I have an IPTV service that works really well with it. 

 

It's similar to watching on a 100 inch screen (curved) 

 

 

 

Just to clarify that the Sky Sports live games in the Sky Worlds Beta app is 100% not like this at all 


You are actually in the stadium, sat in the stands or the exec boxes or behind the tunnel and because its in VR you're not watching it on a big screen - you're actually there, so you can see the whole pitch all the time, and you can look up and see the sky, down to your feet, left, right etc and see everything


It's an absolute game changer


Watching a full game is totally fine - but you'd probs want to come out of VR afterwards 👍


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:

 

 

 

Just to clarify that the Sky Sports live games in the Sky Worlds Beta app is 100% not like this


You are actually in the stadium, sat in the stands or the exec boxes or behind the tunnel and because its in VR you're not watching it on a big screen - you're actually there, so you can see the whole pitch all the time, and you can look up and see the sky, down to your feet, left, right etc and see everything


It's an absolute game changer


Watching a full game is totally fine - but you'd probs want to come out of VR afterwards 👍

See - now I want Skysports JUST to sit in the dugout. lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WatfordOwl said:

See - now I want Skysports JUST to sit in the dugout. lol

 

 

 

Honestly the first time you watch a game in it you never want to watch footy on a screen ever again

 

lol

 

  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 


The other thing is - there's not a single video on Youtube that actually shows you this in action


There's a tiny tiny tiny glimpse of it in one video but that's it

 

For something so amazing I'm shocked there's no videos actually showing it to people (as best as VR can be shown on a youtube video that is)


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

 


The other thing is - there's not a single video on Youtube that actually shows you this in action


There's a tiny tiny tiny glimpse of it in one video but that's it

 

For something so amazing I'm shocked there's no videos actually showing it to people (as best as VR can be shown on a youtube video that is)

Your right about how little there is other than a short sky promo.  Maybe because it’s still at beta stage and they will push it later in the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight I downloaded the Vader game

 

Oh my God. At one point he walked right up to me, got right in my face, and I nearly fell over it was so realistic

 

Neil. If you think the boxing gloves in Creed are good, look at the leather gloves you wear in this. 

 

The fighting with the light saber was incredibly cool too


"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Tonight I downloaded the Vader game

 

Oh my God. At one point he walked right up to me, got right in my face, and I nearly fell over it was so realistic

 

Neil. If you think the boxing gloves in Creed are good, look at the leather gloves you wear in this. 

 

The fighting with the light saber was incredibly cool too


 

Yeah I love the gloves in Vader!!

 

Only done that Dojo training so far tho


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Downloaded Wander tonight

 

At the moment me and the Mrs are looking at a small house in a tiny Spanish village with only 10 houses. For our retirement.

 

We've been unable to get a feel for the location on Google maps, and the topography of the area.

 

On Wander tonight I literally wandered down the road into the village and had a look around. Could see all the hills surrounding it, and the river you have to go over to get into the village.

 

This is truly amazing

  • Like 2

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Downloaded Wander tonight

 

At the moment me and the Mrs are looking at a small house in a tiny Spanish village with only 10 houses. For our retirement.

 

We've been unable to get a feel for the location on Google maps, and the topography of the area.

 

On Wander tonight I literally wandered down the road into the village and had a look around. Could see all the hills surrounding it, and the river you have to go over to get into the village.

 

This is truly amazing


 

It’s my favourite app of all so far 

 

Been to some incredible places 


Some of the volcanos are astonishing 

  • Like 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Downloaded Wander tonight

 

At the moment me and the Mrs are looking at a small house in a tiny Spanish village with only 10 houses. For our retirement.

 

We've been unable to get a feel for the location on Google maps, and the topography of the area.

 

On Wander tonight I literally wandered down the road into the village and had a look around. Could see all the hills surrounding it, and the river you have to go over to get into the village.

 

This is truly amazing


 

Don’t forget you can go back in time too


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


 

Yeah I love the gloves in Vader!!

 

Only done that Dojo training so far tho

Did you not go past it when you have to fight the numerous robots?


"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...