How to watch Sheffield Wednesday games on an Imax sized screen whilst at home - step by step

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Not much so far just set it up and watched some football highlights / couple of YouTube VR vids

Load up the Sky Sports Worlds Beta app and check the highlights of the Arsenal game - it should have '180' on the thumbnail 👍

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How close? 
Like a bit wider than the average or just total fish?

I’d say similar to an ant eater.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Can't imagine what the kids would be getting up to whilst I was sitting there like a berk on the sofa with a VR headset on...

You can check on them without them knowing 

Just two taps on the side of your headset and it flips to video camera mode and you can see your own room as though you didn't have a headset on

Dont' tell em tho!

• Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

23 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That's fine

TV's are so 1980's compared to these

Why would you need a 'telly' when you've got your own personal massive IMAX screen?

Not being massively antisocial?

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

Not being massively antisocial?

No more than sitting there watching TV or sitting in the cinema no mate - not really

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

No more than sitting there watching TV or sitting in the cinema no mate - not really

You obviously pay a lot more attention to what's actually on the telly than anyone in my house...

Just now, owlinexile said:

You obviously pay a lot more attention to what's actually on the telly than anyone in my house...

Oh no way - one thing I can't stand is TV

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Finally got media stored files to work on a Video Player in Cinema setting.

Turns out the cheapest App (Pigasus) supports UPNP/DNLA playback - I'm a happy boy.

The UI for the App isn't as sophisticated as say Skybox VR, but it does the job I need it to, and supports 3d playback in multiple formats if you have the files saved on a device. 

Bloody impressive yet again.

Got 4 days off to really get to grips with all the capabilities now, what a bit of kit.

• Like 1
Just now, WatfordOwl said:

Finally got media stored files to work on a Video Player in Cinema setting.

Turns out the cheapest App (Pigasus) supports UPNP/DNLA playback - I'm a happy boy.

The UI for the App isn't as sophisticated as say Skybox VR, but it does the job I need it to, and supports 3d playback in multiple formats if you have the files saved on a device. 

Bloody impressive yet again.

Got 4 days off to really get to grips with all the capabilities now, what a bit of kit.

Have you checked out BigScreen yet?

You can load stored movies into that 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, WatfordOwl said:

4 days off will be a start 

But I reckon 4 years later you'll still be discovering more amazing stuff!

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

51 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Have you checked out BigScreen yet?

You can load stored movies into that 

I have, but issues with sharing from another device.

Dunno what it is that's stopping me playing the files tbh - I've tried setting up a Plex server (from Nvidia Shield), it see's the files on Occulus, but gives an error when trying to play. Does the same thing when using UPNP/DLNA with Kodi, and same error when running Kodi/Plex off a laptop.

The one thing that's worked is using Kodi off the laptop and the Pigasus App.

I'm not 100% sure if Bigscreen officially 'supports' it tbh - the only workaround I got working was using Virtual Desktop and running VLC - I've got an old laptop so it's not too quick tbh and freezes up. 

The issue (as always) is, updating every piece of your tech just to have that Utopian ideal scenario just to do something like playing a media file from a remote location lol 

It'd cost me thousands to do it all, might just stick with what I have. 

I bloody love new tech though.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, WatfordOwl said:

Dunno what it is that's stopping me playing the files tbh - I've tried setting up a Plex server (from Nvidia Shield), it see's the files on Occulus, but gives an error when trying to play. Does the same thing when using UPNP/DLNA with Kodi, and same error when running Kodi/Plex off a laptop.

I'm not 100% sure if Bigscreen officially 'supports' it tbh - the only workaround I got working was using Virtual Desktop and running VLC - I've got an old laptop so it's not too quick tbh and freezes up. 

The issue (as always) is, updating every piece of your tech just to have that Utopian ideal scenario just to do something like playing a media file from a remote location lol 

same  - it's ace isn't it!

I'm genuinely  so impressed with  this  device - more so than anything I've owned since the first Iphone

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Have you been in Bigscreen and had a drink of soda through the straw yet and tipped popcorn all over yourself?

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

On 11/02/2021 at 12:44, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Need to be careful re kids  Dont think it's recommended for U12s. Something to do with the development of special awareness and focus of their eyes over distance.

Dont think anything has been proven, but it's a potential area of concern. That's why we haven't bought the PSVR for my 9 year old 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop