28 Years Ago Tonight

Great night; brilliant performance, a thrilling season and a great team to watch. I remember watching that game with my grandad, with Big Jack's co-commentary. I was convinced we'd win at least one of the Cup's after that performance and almost took it for granted that we'd be competeting with the top teams and going on to win more things in the future back then at the time.

Unaware that soon we'd be paying the price and in a barren decline that's lasted decades. Despite that, I still love re-watching classic games from that era and loved football in the 90s a lot more than I do now. Roberto Baggio and Dejan Savicevic were my favourite players from the 90s and I also loved Chris Waddle even from before we signed him.

It's hard to believe that we once had genuine top class players of the pedigree of Waddle; Nilsson, Walker, Sheridan, Hirst, Harkens, etc. It was a brilliant time to be a football fan and to follow Wednesday. I can't see it ever getting that exciting ever again in my lifetime. 

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

Great night; brilliant performance, a thrilling season and a great team to watch. I remember watching that game with my grandad, with Big Jack's co-commentary. I was convinced we'd win at least one of the Cup's after that performance and almost took it for granted that we'd be competeting with the top teams and going on to win more things in the future back then at the time.

Unaware that soon we'd be paying the price and in a barren decline that's lasted decades. Despite that, I still love re-watching classic games from that era and loved football in the 90s a lot more than I do now. Roberto Baggio and Dejan Savicevic were my favourite players from the 90s and I also loved Chris Waddle even from before we signed him.

It's hard to believe that we once had genuine top class players of the pedigree of Waddle; Nilsson, Walker, Sheridan, Hirst, Harkens, etc. It was a brilliant time to be a football fan and to follow Wednesday. I can't see it ever getting that exciting ever again in my lifetime. 

Don't know why it changed Harkes name to Harkens 🙈😂

I could seriously watch this clip over and over again. We were absolutely amazing during that long run we went on. That 25 minutes at Ewood was amazing and gutted I wasn’t there. I remember watching this with my dad and my mate and his dad at our local club (they are Rovers fans aswell) it was euphoric & we set a massive marker down. The guy with the crutches....plus Jacks commentary when Shez scores....’one of my players for the Republic of Ireland’ Great memories! 
WAWAW