was 41 on that day we were in blackburn about 13.30 mini bus load from park hotel. what a celebration after match in pub on hill coming out of blackburn everybody stood outside in freezing cold . great memories

One of the great nights of cup football from the days when it really meant something.

Warhurst was just unplayable in that period 

• Like 1

I can never do it justice when I try to explain to the kids just how good we were 

kills me to think that between the ages of 13-18 I saw the best Wednesday team I’m likely to see and I was to young to really appreciate that this doesn’t happen all the time despite my dad and grandads constant reminders throughout this period  

• Like 3

In that half an hour I reckon we'd have turned over any side in the world, e en the best Italian defensive sides of the generation. It just felt like every time we attacked we scored. 

I remember Blackburn were doing the ground up and the away end had just a shell of the roof and stantions left.

Think that first half was the peak performance of the early 90s side.
Easy to forget Blackburn were a really good side at that time and finished 4th that season.

2 hours ago, hirstysfags said:

I was there. Behind and to the right of crutches man. Bit of a crush getting out.

So funny that waving em around everytime we scored.

Hope his wooden leg didnt fall off lol

28 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Best away day..probably the only time ive seen us win there..its not been a happy hunting ground over the years

We also just about clinched promotion from Division 3 under Big Jack at Blackburn which was another incredible night. 

• Like 1