Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Coventry’s and Millwall’s pitch make ours look like the Etihad.

 

Unless the weather goes wild it’ll be on.

 

Flippin tough game. Hourihane and Ayew a class above a championship  level. Need to cut out all those 20 yard free-kicks too. They’ll use them.

  • Like 8
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna be tough to continue the winning run at home. 
It’s one of those that needs the good old statement - “be appy wiv a point” 

Edited by Owly Mowly
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Coventry’s and Millwall’s pitch make ours look like the Etihad.

 

Unless the weather goes wild it’ll be on.

 

Flippin tough game. Hourihane and Ayew a class above a championship  level. Need to cut out all those 20 yard free-kicks too. They’ll use them.


I’d snap your off for a gritty 0-0. 
 

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Given Swansea's current form I will expect an away win, anything else will be a huge surprise and make me highly delighted. 

Not saying we can't win as we are grinding out results but the realistic approach is not to be surprised if we do lose. 

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Relegation fodder all have big games this weekend so it’s not the worst time to be playing Swansea

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Given Swansea's current form I will expect an away win, anything else will be a huge surprise and make me highly delighted. 

Not saying we can't win as we are grinding out results but the realistic approach is not to be surprised if we do lose. 

 

Not so sure. It will be interesting how strong a side they put out against man city tonight.  As Extra rest day could give us an advantage.

 

Last two times we have played them they have been close games, fancy our chances of getting a result will get bartered at Stoke next mid eek though

 

 

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
Link to post
Share on other sites

Would certainly take a draw, fortunately derby forest and coventry have equally difficult fixtures. 
 

Can’t rule anything out though especially after our victory against Bournemouth, yes they were on a bit of a bad run but still have top level players.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of tough games coming up. I’d not be surprised with losses against both Swansea and Stoke to be honest. We are much improved but both of those teams could do us if we aren’t at our best. As long as we continue to compete I’ll be happy. It’s a long road out of the danger zone and the road ain’t going to be smooth!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Considering the state of the pitch do we think this will go ahead?

 

Why wouldn't it.?  Games were played on far, far worse back in the 70' and 80's and never got cancelled. Players are too bloody pampered these days. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, S36 OWL said:

 

Why wouldn't it.?  Games were played on far, far worse back in the 70' and 80's and never got cancelled. Players are too bloody pampered these days. 

But this ain’t the 70s, and player safety is as prominent as ever 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FreshOwl said:

But this ain’t the 70s, and player safety is as prominent as ever 

 

Give over. lol

 

There is no tackling in the modern game. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see anything but an away win and won't be too disappointed if we lose. 

 

They're playing some good football and we'll do well to isolate Ayew. 

 

Would love a scrappy 0-0 with some key defending. Think Dunkley, Urhoghide and Lees need to be our back 3. Think they're our best options at the back

Edited by HootHoot
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the pitch could play a crucial part, they won’t be able to play their style on it for sure. Swansea playing tonight may make them leggy. Their league run needs to come to an end to, so you never know! 

If it was the other way around, it’s a game we’d struggle in
UTO

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...