Players you thought would make it, but never did

I suppose you’d have to say the young Bulgarian lad, Hammoud He looked a very talented little player for the youth team, and I was surprised when he got released Has anybody heard what John’s lad, Jordan is doing? Did he get fixed up with a club, a few thought he was also unlucky to have been released?

Edited by gurujuan

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I suppose you’d have to say the young Bulgarian lad, Hammoud He looked a very talented little player for the youth team, and I was surprised when he got released Has anybody heard what John’s lad, Jordan is doing? Did he get fixed up with a club, a few thought he was also unlucky to have been released?

I just checked, he appears to be back at Corby Town, though I don’t suppose they are playing any games

9 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

Tony Gregory looked a great player,England youth international and I remember him scoring against Chelsea when chamberlain was unstoppable then he just disappeared. Also John Pearson after a few games I thought we had a superstar 

Chiropodist in Doncaster now, nice fella, I went to shadow him (I am one too) mentioned I was a Wednesday fan and he just laughed and didn't say he used to play (before my time), found out later he played for us. I believe injuries ruined his career in football.

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Mark Beevers. We thought we had a future England international. When he lost form and was seen to be eating a big dominoes pizza despite not playing we knew then he would not reach his full potential

A fairly decent league career though, if not what it could have been

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

I spent more than a decade in Youth football and I wish I had a pound for every young player who was going to make it and failed for whatever reason.

Did you end up playing with many who went on to play at Wednesday then mate?