Players you thought would make it, but never did

First time I watched Nathan Modest, I don’t think I’d seen a faster player. Can remember thinking, if we can harness that pace, he’s just what we needed, as we never really seemed to produce players that quick He was rapid, but lacked composure A piggy friend of mine plays with him at Bridlington, where I think he scored 27 goals in 38 appearances

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Scott Camm was a good prospect who faded.

Craig Shakespear should have gone on to better things.

Gavin Oliver had plenty about him.

David Ford looked England material until that fateful motor accident.

Bart Williams faded badly.

Ante Mirocevic  didn't look after himself.

Brian Woodhall Two goal hero of Elland Road, what went wrong there ? 

From earlier days, I expected Matty Hamshaw to be a Prem player at some point (although he got ruined by injuries). Same with Drew Talbot - decent journeyman pro with Luton and Chesterfield but I thought he'd do more than that...

• Like 1

Can remember watching a Northern Intermediate game against Newcastle, Wednesday scored 4 that day, and fielded a youth side, who all bar one, I think went on to play league football. 
Beresford, Brown, Jacobs, Bradshaw D, Bradshaw C, Hazel, Jonsson, Hirst, and Kenney. Cant remember who the other two were, I think one might have been Mossman, but of the eleven, I believe only Kenney never played league football

11 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Scott Camm was a good prospect who faded.

Craig Shakespear should have gone on to better things.

Gavin Oliver had plenty about him.

David Ford looked England material until that fateful motor accident.

Bart Williams faded badly.

Ante Mirocevic  didn't look after himself.

Brian Woodhall Two goal hero of Elland Road, what went wrong there ? 

David Ford was one of many childhood hero's of mine, I remember after he broke his leg, he used to run up and down the Kop on Sunday mornings, as part of his rehab.....true story! 👍

Just now, Big Malc said:

Leroy Chambers.  Was always in the programme after banging them in for the reserves.  As a kid it seemed he scored every game and I was waiting for him to make the move up.  According to Wikipedia he only made 2 first team appearances.

Yeah he was quite prolific for the youth and reserve sides Had hair like one of the Pasadena’s