Hutch

19 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

It would be speculation without any circumstantial evidence, but we have some facts to go on. Therefore, it's an educated guess/opinion.

You don't have ANY facts about what's happened in the changing room or during training etc

So it's a total fabrication - not any sort of 'educated guess'

Owlstalk Shop

14 hours ago, Ronio said:

Agreed.  

As much as I didn't like Monk, I was actually starting to warm to him, especially after that performance against Leeds. Then as soon as Monk started banishing players from the first team, I knew there and then it was the beginning of the end for him.  

As you say, he could have kept Hutchinson in and around the team until the end of the season when his contract expired, but to do that mid season was absolute madness. 

Plenty on here agreed with him though. Thought it was the right thing to do to banish him and Westwood. Never play for the team again. Bad eggs etc etc. 

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You don't have ANY facts about what's happened in the changing room or during training etc

So it's a total fabrication - not any sort of 'educated guess'

Did both Jos and Monk stop playing them? YES

Are they both better than their replacements? YES

Is it prove by results their absence was to the detriment of the team / results? YES

Did other managers get them on the pitch and contributing? YES

Are they both known to me more vocal/larger characters than your average squad member? YES

From the facts above, I can take an educated guess that they both struggled to manage Westwood and Hutch.

Not sure why you're struggling with this Think you're just being pedantic and stubborn now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

Exactly the kind of assumption Mr Owlstalk is referring to.

We don’t know either way what happened. But given their impact on the team performance and the fact they have been brought back into the fold twice now it is a very strange situation.

What I do hope is that people will quit sniping at them, indulging in myths about them and appreciate the impact they are making on the pitch which is extremely  positive.

Well said mate

Owlstalk Shop

Proper simple tho. Hutchinson wouldn't have not been allowed to resign and play for us

if he had been a "bad egg" with his previous stint with us, surely.

It's quick maths to me.

The reason they didn't get picked before is pure football reasons, there's no facts at all to say otherwise.

Bad judgement by previous managers sure but I think thats all it is.

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Did both Jos and Monk stop playing them? YES

Are they both better than their replacements? YES

Is it prove by results their absence was to the detriment of the team / results? YES

Did other managers get them on the pitch and contributing? YES

Are they both known to me more vocal/larger characters than your average squad member? YES

I agree with this that I've quoted - but I have another slant.

I am pretty sure Jos thought he'd be in the job longer and be able to get better results, and because of that he had one eye on letting the older players, or at least some with perhaps a sell by date approaching faster than others fester on the sidelines with a view to bringing on younger players 

Just think he got the mix totally wrong and was too defensive minded which got the fans on his back faster than if he had played attacking football but still got the same results.

2 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

I am pretty sure Jos thought he'd be in the job longer and be able to get better results, and because of that he had one eye on letting the older players, or at least some with perhaps a sell by date approaching faster than others fester on the sidelines with a view to bringing on younger players 

Just think he got the mix totally wrong and was too defensive minded which got the fans on his back faster than if he had played attacking football but still got the same results.

This is all it is, his face didn't fit.

Obviously easy to say Monk and Jos got it wrong now but it was for football reasons alone.

Hutchinson already said this in an interview...

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sam-hutchinson-sheffield-wednesday-exit-18527424

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 18.15.51.png

35 minutes ago, Bluewings said:

This is all it is, his face didn't fit.

Obviously easy to say Monk and Jos got it wrong now but it was for football reasons alone.

Hutchinson already said this in an interview...

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sam-hutchinson-sheffield-wednesday-exit-18527424

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 18.15.51.png

That's fine but has nothing to do with what I posted.

@Salmonbones yeah....

when I put his face didn't fit it was towards

"I am pretty sure Jos thought he'd be in the job longer and be able to get better results, and because of that he had one eye on letting the older players, or at least some with perhaps a sell by date approaching faster than others fester on the sidelines with a view to bringing on younger players 

Just think he got the mix totally wrong and was too defensive minded which got the fans on his back faster than if he had played attacking football but still got the same results"

Jos was totally going for a younger overhaul, Hutch face didn't fit in what he was trying to do

The rest of my post wasn't towards your comment, no biggie

Just now, Bluewings said:

@Salmonbones yeah....

when I put his face didn't fit it was towards

"I am pretty sure Jos thought he'd be in the job longer and be able to get better results, and because of that he had one eye on letting the older players, or at least some with perhaps a sell by date approaching faster than others fester on the sidelines with a view to bringing on younger players 

Just think he got the mix totally wrong and was too defensive minded which got the fans on his back faster than if he had played attacking football but still got the same results"

Jos was totally going for a younger overhaul, Hutch face didn't fit in what he was trying to do

The rest of my post wasn't towards your comment, no biggie

The written word sometimes comes across bad.  

My apologies.

• Like 1