Hutch

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, reggae said:

Not going to answer to "cowl" as those that speak venom at me are persons that I don't need in my new life. Lol

Hutch and westy(Are they the names that Wednesday fans call them?) 

Both tried to increase their contracts by explaining they needed to be involved in team management meetings. 

And when explained that the captain and vice captain were only ones invited they both spat dummy. And rightly got nothing when went to chairman 

Ask either of them now why they still playing? 

Ill wait 

Irrespective of what you think of their personalities, we still seem to win more matches than we lose when they play.. and we lose the majority when they don’t. Therefore that probably gives them the right to be a bit ‘big time Charlie’ because they can back it up with results 

A hell of a lot of nonsense has been written on here about these two over the last few years. At 36 and 31 respectively and both in decent shape they could easily play another couple of years at our level. We shouldn’t get rid until the point at which we have better players to take their place.

Its odd how of our last 5 managers, the 3 with personality and self assurance have had no issues with these two whereas the two most limited ones who lacked confidence in their ability to do the job wanted them out of sight 

37 minutes ago, cowl said:

Someone has told you something and you gullibly believed them.

They lied to you (or were repeating someone else's lie).

The fact you lacked the wit to see that it was a lie is no excuse though. 

“Both tried to increase their contracts by explaining they needed to be involved in team management meetings”.

Quite simply beyond thick. I just can't imagine someone telling me such a thing and not scrutinising it further to the point that I'd least be able to package the lie that I aim to pass on better than you have done.

It's not even remotely plausible that all of a sudden they both (independently?) decided that this was going to be part of some contract negotiations.

And why was Westwood having contract negotiations? At that point he still had 18 months to run on his contract.

Stupid. Just utterly stupid. And not even an entertaining liar.

My friend. 

I pass on what I know as little as possible as that is fair.

I think that westwood is negotiating a contract now. Well I know he is. 

And I believe hutch went abroad and is now back on a contract that is less than half when he went. 

As I've said. Hutch was nearly put on his arse at half time v Millwall. 

Both good players. Both thought bigger than swfc. 

I've no interest in your jibes. You seem intent on what you say is true. 

And your posts come across as I'd expect a young lad would type. 

#wawaw #ebra 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I totally appreciate that 

But a coach is a teacher 

You need a certain skill set to be able to communicate and transfer information to others

And a level of patience, understanding and temperament 

A good player or even a great player shouldn’t automatically be given a coaching role 

Was good enough to coach at Chelsea with the youth teams before making a comeback. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reggae said:

Again. People have small memories. 

Hutchinson and Westwood were absolute morons in the way the conducted themselves towards past managers. 

Big time Charlie's and most of first team glad they not involved. 

Westwood is now starting as looking for a new contract. 

Hutchinson was allowed back on half wages and with understanding he stfu. 

Pattinson put hutch in his place at Millwall. 

He is now doing what is asked. And he certainly isn't our saviour 

Explain your comments please.

There seems to be a harmony in the camp that we have not seen in years

NT, Westwood and Hutch have all played a part and as a fan it is so pleasing to see

I'm just so relieved another champ club didn't step in and offer Hutch a contract

There's no doubt, Hutch is a very good footballer and leader

• Like 1

7 hours ago, reggae said:

Again. People have small memories. 

Hutchinson and Westwood were absolute morons in the way the conducted themselves towards past managers. 

1.Big time Charlie's and most of first team glad they not involved. 

2.Westwood is now starting as looking for a new contract. 

Hutchinson was allowed back on half wages and with understanding he stfu. 

3.Pattinson put hutch in his place at Millwall. 

He is now doing what is asked. And he certainly isn't our saviour 

1.The players don't look too unhappy theyre now involved? If they caused that much of a conflict in the camp they wouldn't have been brought back?

2.Westwood is surely starting because Monk left and subsequent managers select him, he doesn't select himself?

3.We have plenty of leaders  (Personality) now, Westwood, Dunkley, Hutchinson, Bannan, Paterson, so them letting their feelings known to eachother is a good thing iMO. Hutch having a pop at someone when he feels necessary isnt a problem for me, the same way someone having a pop at Hutchinson when they think its necessary is a good thing also!

Meh...

All this "bad egg balzzzzzz"

Idk what type of person Hutch or Westwood are...they can sleep with my mum for all I care 

We are winning games with them in the team, I don't get the negativity and bringing this attitude stuff up all the time.

I'm sure if Hutchinson and Westwood was as bad as the rumours say they are we would have lost a lot more since they came back in.

Fake news.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Did they look unhappy the last time they were involved?
If so how come nobody said so?

My outside view has always been that Garry Monk (and Jos) manage a certain way, Hutchinson and Westwood evidently displayed traits that made the way those managers go about their work more difficult or it wasn't wanted

Those managers perceived they wouldn't get to where they wanted to get to with those 2 obstacles in the way. It certainly strikes me as Manager v those 2, rather than any fall out amongst the group in the main (with the evidence of them being brought back to the group twice now).

To be fair, it is extremely difficult trying to manage with people you don't feel are bought in to how you want things to progress, especially if you feel that influence makes your job with the rest of the team more difficult. 

Sorry for the ramble, but what I'm trying to get to is, I guess sometimes it just doesn't work between certain people and fiery people generally fall into that category more than others. Some managers/team mates will accept it and others will not. 

It looks for now like them being back is working for the group now, and I very much hope it contributes to us staying up. 

After that, who knows, I try not to second guess what DC will do, because it often turns out to be wrong 🙂 

• Like 1