• Dunkley
    • Harris
    • Shaw
    • Paterson
    • Rhodes
    • Bannan
    • Kachunga
    • Pelupessy

I was torn between Harris and Hutch, Harris was really good but alas his delivery still lets him down too often, great positions time and time again but he did deliver for the first goal.

I did go for Hutch in the end, he was everywhere where he needed to be at the right times, if there is a better DCM in the league, I haven’t seen him.

the great thing tonight was that there were candidates and good arguments for  others too, long may that continue 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Several deserve praise for efforts tonight.

Reach and Harris played extremely well both in

attack and defence.

Lees and Urhoghide played very well in defence and both deserve mentions.

Patterson and Rhodes worked hard up front and did well. Rhodes looks fitter than at any time I have seen him play for Wednesday since his arrival.

Shaw looks a good player and made a difference his height certainly helps the team.

Hutchinson did well in midfield although I prefer him in defence as he seems to be always on stretch in midfield.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Between Harris, Reach or Rhodes for me. I’d say Reach as he was solid defensively, always a threat going forward. 

I totally agree with this. All three players did excellent things during the game, but Reach did it all more often, being more involved throughout. All three players did more than their fair share of the work in attack, midfield and defence, but with Reach's higher level of involvement, high number of winning tackles, shooting, a good corner and the goal that finished off Wycombe completely, I gave him MOTM.

An excellent display all round, with Hutch having a good game, just in front of the excellent defence, albeit against the weakest opposition in the division, he passed well, broke up play and managed not to trust his fellow players more, who also had excellent games. Our defenders kept their shape and positions better, interchanging well and covering when they had to, seeming to intercept everything either in the air or on the ground, with Urhoghide having another excellent game, looking a bit more composed than in recent games and winning loads of headers, along with Dunkley who also had a much better game. 

For the sake of scoring I gave:-

7 -   Westwood - Untroubled 

7 -   Lees - Untroubled

7 -   Dunkley - Busier

7 -   Urhoghide - Busier too

8 -   Harries - Busy and productive better crosses and his first full game for a while

8.5  Reach - Busiest player on the pitch, quality crosses, great tackling, great shooting and well deserved goal

7.5  Hutchinson - Looked more solid, better passing, great tackling, kept going a bit quiet, but a better game 

7.5  Bannan - Very busy as usual, lots of great link up play, but not quite as effective today

7.5  Not quite back to his swaggering best, but seemed to move a bit better and got stuck in 

8     Rhodes - in his first start for a while, he was busy and productive all over the pitch a great team player he gave us a               natural attacking shape always looked dangerous and came close to scoring again several times

7.5  Paterson - Much better in the air today, worked well with Rhodes, always ready to work hard and hopefully learn from            Rhodes about earning free kicks, positioning and timing runs in the box

6      Both subs came on too late to give them anything other than just above average as they were only just warming up,              but relieved tired legs and did nothing wrong  

10   Thompson - He prepared and set the team up perfectly, avoiding a potential banana skin against a desperate side                overly keen on getting hold of players he has a remarkable record now compared to his predecessors with 5 wins and          only two lost from 7 league games. That is 15 points from a possible 21! That kind of return for every 7 games played          would have us 2nd in the division, even with the points deduction and out in front by five points without it!

UTO!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Gone for Harris.

This is the standard he needs to be at as has it in his locker to hurt teams.  Apart from his first 6 weeks at the club he has far too often played within himself which is the frustration and why I have been critical of him.

A number of decent performances and for me this needs to be the base 11 for the foreseeable unless we see a return to fitness of Luongo and Iorfa.

Finally Reach was played in the correct position and Harris influential and suddenly Rhodes looks a viable option.  Well done Neil Thompson - round pegs, round holes.  Its not difficult but countless experienced Managers made it so. 

• Like 1

Went for Harris although everyone put a shift in...everyone knew their job which is a plus for Thompson and we pushed on second half where we've been sitting back trying to see out games. We're getting there... lets have everyone fit asap then we'll have options