Adedoyin and Hagan

Does anyone know what’s happening with these two? Hagan was involved with the first team earlier in the season, and Adedoyin arrived to a great deal of fanfare, but of late, we’ve seen nothing of them. They weren’t involved in that cup game at Exeter, when we were down to bare bones, and they weren’t in the squad for the recent U23 game, when we were playing midfielders up front

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Thank you sir, it’s been a while for the pair of them, hasn’t it

The kid who came from Everton had fairly bad injury but seen a post where he says things going well before Christmas. Hagan went missing end of Nov early Dec. It came out had foot injury when we played Exeter. In last u/23 we had no forwards playing so you can assume both are still on injured list. In current circumstances they may have been knocking on door for first team spot.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cowl said:

Hagan was training with the squad the other day as he was in one of the training ground photos. Not sure where he is in relation to full fitness though, of course.

We've no coaches and the under 23s gaffer is in charge of the first team. 

We maybe having to train both first team and under 23s together. 

I'm not convinced that Hagan will ever make it to a first team regular based on what I've seen of him, decent pace but didn't appear to have much football intelligence or stand out technical ability.

Reading up on Adedoyin he got moved from Everton u23's main central striker to playing right side due to the emergence of Ellis Simms so he wasn't that highly regarded with him being let go. 

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong but I wouldn't bank on either making a mark with the first team. Adedoyin is contracted for next year but Hagan is up in the summer so it'll be interesting to see what happens. 

Isn’t this Hagan’s first year with the U23s? I thought he only stepped up this season and was fast tracked into the first team set up due to our failure to sign enough strikers. He’s had a couple of injury plagued seasons, so yes it will be interesting to see if he is kept on. The way things are, we are likely to be looking at a similar scenario to last summer, when we might be needing to recruit half a dozen strikers again A totally ridiculous position to find ourselves in, TWICE

Guest Smackavolley
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Isn’t this Hagan’s first year with the U23s? I thought he only stepped up this season and was fast tracked into the first team set up due to our failure to sign enough strikers. He’s had a couple of injury plagued seasons, so yes it will be interesting to see if he is kept on. The way things are, we are likely to be looking at a similar scenario to last summer, when we might be needing to recruit half a dozen strikers again A totally ridiculous position to find ourselves in, TWICE

If there is an underlying medical issue causing these injuries he might get released. I understand it's been different injuries so if not, I'm sure they'll give him another year but like someone has already posted, he's a winger.  I thought Adedoyin's was an hamstring injury. He's been out a while so maybe he did his ankle more recently. He's 20 so you'd expect him to be pushing the first team squad come pre-season.

Every team needs strikers. I don't think there was any shortage of trialists (10+) this year but teams don't release decent strikers if there's any chance they might develop. Apart from Adedoyin the only one who hung around a while was the lad called Simmonds. He's a similar age but I guess wages were the problem with him. Finally there the lad who went to Cardiff (name ???)