BREAKING : Chansiri rejects offer to buy club

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t believe a word of it. Alonso has been doing business with the former Charlton chairman recently. You know that Matt Southall bloke. 

Chancers FC trying to buy out Chansiri this. 

No one’s claiming Alonso has the money 

the talk is of him representing wealthy Indonesian investors .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Alonso’s departure (if you can call it that) seemed fairly bitter although unclear as to what his involvement was exactly.  

Doubtful he could have assembled serious bidders in such a short period of time.  These things take time and in any event you can only buy if the owner wants to sell.  

Not sure what Alonso’s motives are - could be to self-publicise himself or try to get back at Chansiri?  Very odd.

• Thanks 1

This club makes me laugh these days.

I like to play a game of, if it’s some interesting or exciting news, anything positive - wait a few minutes and someone will confirm it’s false. Nothing to see here.  

If it’s bad news,  yep - it becomes official soon after 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Marro said:

Alonso’s departure (if you can call it that) seemed fairly bitter although unclear as to what his involvement was exactly.  

Doubtful he could have assembled serious bidders in such a short period of time.  These things take time and in any event you can only buy if the owner wants to sell.  

Not sure what Alonso’s motives are - could be to self-publicise himself or try to get back at Chansiri?  Very odd.

See - I predicted the attention seeker accusation a few posts back

This thread is literally cliche central 

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How much do you think the club is worth when it’s losing hand over fist?

I have no idea, the valuation of a football club is not based on any logic applied to a normal business.

DC would never have paid 40m for the shares in the first place when the net assets were square root of nothing.

But no way would he take less than what he paid MM