BREAKING : Chansiri rejects offer to buy club

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Absolutely. I’m guessing you thought Southall and ESI were the saviours after the Duchatelet era?

But if it wasn’t for Sandegard, I’m sure you would have ended up much worse with Southall and whoever it was backing you. Did he actually have any money the guy from the Middle East? 

The club was days from going bust in September, such was the rate at which Southall was blowing through the cash.

There’s still debate among Charlton fans as to whether Nimer is genuine and was himself conned by Southall or whether he was in on it from the beginning. From the amount of high profile events Nimer attends, I lean towards the former. Southall saw him as a cash cow to pump the money in as he spent it on luxuries for himself. As soon as Nimer pulled his funding, Southall just spent whatever the club had left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

FootballTyper, Alan Nixon, Chris Holt Sheffield Star, ESPN.

Might have made a bid, but proof of funds? 

I might send the email to the club now and bid a fiver. 

too late my offer of 10 quid has been accepted, just in the process of doing due diligence, need help though cant find last 2 years accounts

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, caz92 said:

The club was days from going bust in September, such was the rate at which Southall was blowing through the cash.

There’s still debate among Charlton fans as to whether Nimer is genuine and was himself conned by Southall or whether he was in on it from the beginning. From the amount of high profile events Nimer attends, I lean towards the former. Southall saw him as a cash cow to pump the money in as he spent it on luxuries for himself. As soon as Nimer pulled his funding, Southall just spent whatever the club had left.

Yep I feel you got very lucky with Sandegard stepping in when he did. 

You’ve had it rough over recent years at Charlton mate. Hopefully the new owners have the right intentions this time. 

1 minute ago, Asio otus said:

too late my offer of 10 quid has been accepted, just in the process of doing due diligence, need help though cant find last 2 years accounts

Nah too late. Erik has beat you to it with his reyt hostile approach to buying out Chansiri. He’s far too hostile for your 10 quid offer. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yep I feel you got very lucky with Sandegard stepping in when he did. 

You’ve had it rough over recent years at Charlton mate. Hopefully the new owners have the right intentions this time. 

All the signs are good. He just bought the women’s team out this past week to bring the two clubs back under the same ownership for the first time since 2007. It’s the little things like that that make you think your club is in good hands.

One last link for those who want to do more reading on Southall: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/89745/southall-bassini-and-the-purchase-of-charlton-athletic

Good luck guys - it sounds like this bid isn’t going anywhere anyway but the more you know... Charlton fans have reams of info documented on this bloke so if you ever need help, you know where to find us.

Edited by caz92
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Just one genuine question has anyone anywhere said that this southall character has anything to do with the bid for Wednesday, that may have been made or not .

The Charlton fan here has kindly linked us a lot of stuff on Southall for us to read. Read it all, google what went down at Charlton, understand what would have happened to them if Sandgard hadn’t stepped in.

And then ask yourself this simple question. Do you want someone who is currently involving themselves with Matt Southall sniffing around our football club?

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

The Charlton fan here has kindly linked us a lot of stuff on Southall for us to read. Read it all, google what went down at Charlton, understand what would have happened to them if Sandgard hadn’t stepped in.

And then ask yourself this simple question. Do you want someone who is currently involving themselves with Matt Southall sniffing around our football club?

Yeah but he was biased

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He said Alonso was involved with Southall regarding the alleged bid for Wednesday ?.

Just now, sage owl said:

He said Alonso was involved with Southall regarding the alleged bid for Wednesday ?.

No. But Southall and Alonso are currently working together. It appears they’re trying to do something at Derby - not sure what.

The fact Alonso is even associating himself with Southall should be an immediate red flag to every single Wednesday supporter. 

Read about it mate. It’s all online.

39 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Just one genuine question has anyone anywhere said that this southall character has anything to do with the bid for Wednesday, that may have been made or not .

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No.  

@sage owl - scroll back a few pages - you'll find Sally Cinnamon splattering Southall's name all over the thread saying he's involved

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

lol

All I'm saying is we need an independent to tell us whats up.

My Watford mate said to me the other day

Abdi was a glorious footballer, it's not Watfords fault that we broke him.

Maybe, just maybe Matt Southall is a glorious owner and it's not our fault that Charlton broke him.

As someone who used to work in the Greenwich area, Charlton bus their fans in from Kent, KENT of all places, have you ever been to Bexleyheath or Dartford,  - I have, I'm telling you Charlton could break even the most resolute of people - thats without going into deepest darkest Kent where things start to get really weird

• Haha 1

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, Gob_Bluth said:

All I'm saying is we need an independent to tell us whats up.

My Watford mate said to me the other day

Abdi was a glorious footballer, it's not Watfords fault that we broke him.

Maybe, just maybe Matt Southall is a glorious owner and it's not our fault that Charlton broke him.

As someone who used to work in the Greenwich area, Charlton bus their fans in from Kent, KENT of all places, have you ever been to Bexleyheath or Dartford,  - I have, I'm telling you Charlton could break even the most resolute of people - thats without going into deepest darkest Kent where things start to get really weird

Thanks Matt.