The CM battle + Team for Wycombe

Our midfield options are woeful.

When the best option available is to push Hutchinson back into a midfield partnership with BB that needed changing in 2016, you see why we are struggling.

Pelupessy tries but is L1 standard - I think most rational people would accept this.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

And yet you still include Pelupessy?

He is so poor it beggars belief anyone would want him in the team.

I'd include Shaw over him if hes able to start, but if not I feel Hutchinson in the 3 for Reach is the best option for physicality. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Emerson Thome said:

I thought having read the first bit the obvious conclusion would be that Shaw had to some in to give us some more energy in there.

1000% if fit enough to start over Pelupessy. Just went a bit more along the lines of what might be the case in terms of fitness.

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We have been playing a 3-4-2-1 formation with Reach and Kachunga behind Paterson. That’s how I’ve been seeing it.

Personally, if we persist with this formation, we need to get Luongo fit to play alongside Bannan. 

Yeah, it's been 3-4-2-1 most games, and I think switched to more of a 3-5-2 when he brought Rhodes on.

3 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

I don’t think Hutch in midfield would be wise, would probably rest him tbh. 

That sums SWFC up really - we needed to fetch in a central midfielder in the transfer window to cover Luongo and Shaw, and went for the cheap option; a player that hasn't played for yonks and needs a rest after 3 games.

'But at least he knows the club and can drop into the back 2/3' - another cheap option for our awful CH injury record.

• Like 1

You’d imagine Hutchinson will sit out Tuesday. Can’t be wise to play him so soon.

Shaw needs to come into CM.

Cant imagine Luongo anywhere near fit to start.

Why would you want Windass in? He’s very very average at best, and in shocking form.

I hope we see this:-

Westwood

Lees Dunkley Borner

Harris Shaw Bannan Joey Reach

Rhodes Paterson

• Like 4

I agree that a midfield 3 yesterday of Pelupessy, Bannan and Reach was getting overrun even in the first half and was totally overpowered in the second half.

I would leave Hutch in the back three and go with Shaw, Bannan and Luongo in the midfield three.  If Luongo is unfit as usual then we have a real headache. I guess it would have to be Pelupessy under strict instruction that you harry not dive in when a player comes into our box.

43 minutes ago, Beholder said:

And yet you still include Pelupessy?

He is so poor it beggars belief anyone would want him in the team.

Couldn't agree more

For all his endeavour, it is like having a little lad in midfield, (actually two, but at least Bannan can play football.)

If you watch Pelup closely he often just chases the ball out wide and doesn’t follow his runners leaving gaping holes in central mid and our CBS exposed.

Also when we are under the cosh he hardly ever pushes out quick enough and stands in the back three again leaving large gaping holes in central mid.

this can be coached into him but it’s not as though he is 21 and learning his trade.

He just doesn’t read the game very well

Edited by OwlerIT
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah Tuesdays game worries me.

We usually come out second best when a team is pushing and chasing down everything..It's not a new problem it's being going on for a few seasons and it's down to our weak presence in midfield.

( Teams like Burton stitched us up regularly )

We need a couple of players who will put the yards on and not shirk a tackle. ( Luongo and Shaw if fit )

A central midfield of Bannan Luongo and Shaw if all are available.

Would bench Reach for this game.

• Like 3