2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I’ve mulled this over a lot. Trouble is when going down is the opposition sides are often really tinpot clubs (usually better run than us admittedly, but tinpot nevertheless). They treat a day out at Hillsborough like a trip to Wembley 

Well at least we have the ticket pricing bang on then

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well at least we have the ticket pricing bang on then

Christ. Surely, even DC couldn’t keep the prices where they are now when we are in L1? Could he, hang on....why am I even asking...

You only have to look across the City to see how the grunters fared in L1, for all his faults McCabe ran the club fairly well (although far from perfect) if they hadn't chanced upon Wilder they'd possibly still be in there now. If we go down many of us may not see us out of the bottom two tiers again in our lifetime.

Cannot see being relegated as any advantage whatsoever.  Also having bought an earlybird ST which I assume will be held over for next seasons ST now I could well end up paying Premier League prices to watch  League 1 football.  Oh hang on a  bit, sort of doing that this season!  :duntmatter:

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

10 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

You only have to look across the City to see how the grunters fared in L1, for all his faults McCabe ran the club fairly well (although far from perfect) if they hadn't chanced upon Wilder they'd possibly still be in there now. If we go down many of us may not see us out of the bottom two tiers again in our lifetime.

How do all the other teams get promoted then if they haven't appointed Chris Wilder?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Relegation would bring big, BIG, problems.

Fans will be really on DC's back

DC will be even more angry made at his "customers"

We will probably still be without an actual manager

All of our players will be walking away on a free

Finances in a complete mess meaning we cannot bring any decent plyers in - Stuck with youth players.

Basically, going down may even see us drop down a further division, all with a completely, inept man in charge unwilling to listen to anyone but his trusty, loyal advisor. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

How do all the other teams get promoted then if they haven't appointed Chris Wilder?

lol

I mentioned United in particular because as the case between McCabe and the Prince in the High Court showed they were in a mess financially, they couldn't have sustained the club at that level for much longer, the (fairly) low ticket pricing that the fans bragged about was leading them into a financial meltdown, staff were being cut and in some cases paid late to make up the shortfall, promotion dug them out of a very big hole.

For the record teams get promoted from that league for a number of reasons, none of which we currently have in place.