Yes getting relegated would be horrifically bad.  Could very well be the beginning of the end for us.  

As such, we should do everything in our power to remain in the Championship.

As much as I want to see wasters like Paxo leave this club, getting relegated is not something I am particularly comfortable with.  

I know and understand that many want to see DC and Paxo gone, myself included.  I just don't get the reasoning that we will somehow be better off getting relegated.  

It is one of the reasons why I am deeply frustrated with the result today.  The way we just gave up reminds of the shambolic performances under Monk where we were carved open far too often.  It was an unacceptable performance all round, from the management down to the players.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When we’ve been relegated to the third tier in the past it’s always been within 10 years of us being a top flight club

If we get relegated this time it’ll be 21 years since we’ve been in the top flight and we’ll look further away than ever.

But I’d still take relegation if it meant Chansiri going and a clean slate 

yes it would as we would still have the same owner and his sycophants running the show ,if by some chance we stay up then at least we might tempt a  buyer to come in and rid us of the shambles we have now ,

It’s not like we’d have the nucleus of a good side either, Lees, Bannan and Reach would walk away for nothing, along with all the other out of contract players Anyone left who might be worth anything, like Iorfa, will be sold. Possibly the one player who might just get us the goals we need in league one, Jordan Rhodes, will be gone with the rest of the out of contract players. How ironic that we have had his services for 4 years, at a level he seems unable to adjust to, and now, when we are relegated, and his goals could be useful to us, he’ll be gone As somebody mentioned above, we couldn’t have picked a worse time to be relegated The only blessing I can see is, we might avoid a pasting from the grunters 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

yes it would as we would still have the same owner and his sycophants running the show ,if by some chance we stay up then at least we might tempt a  buyer to come in and rid us of the shambles we have now ,

The lower we fall the more chance we have of getting a new owner....always thought MM nite buy us back for next to nowt ..but he’s an old man now..has he got any sons?? Make no mistake the vultures will be circling...we are still a big name

6 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

The lower we fall the more chance we have of getting a new owner....always thought MM nite buy us back for next to nowt ..but he’s an old man now..has he got any sons?? Make no mistake the vultures will be circling...we are still a big name

Don’t think DC would sell, unless he got somewhere near what he’s invested. Anyway, the current climate re Covid, and the lack of clarity regarding our financial situation, means there are unlikely to be any takers Then there is the ground, I’m surprised the chairman’s value of Hillsborough ever got past the authorities. They might look closer at any sale. I would imagine DC would hang on to the ground, and simply charge us an annual rent

21 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s not like we’d have the nucleus of a good side either, Lees, Bannan and Reach would walk away for nothing, along with all the other out of contract players Anyone left who might be worth anything, like Iorfa, will be sold. Possibly the one player who might just get us the goals we need in league one, Jordan Rhodes, will be gone with the rest of the out of contract players. How ironic that we have had his services for 4 years, at a level he seems unable to adjust to, and now, when we are relegated, and his goals could be useful to us, he’ll be gone As somebody mentioned above, we couldn’t have picked a worse time to be relegated The only blessing I can see is, we might avoid a pasting from the grunters 

I might add, probably the sort of rent that saw fellow championship club, Coventry, playing their home games at Birmingham City

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be looking at Sunderland as a comparison I’d be looking at Wigan.

When the accounts get published there’s a chance we could start next season on minus points, club is in a complete mess spiralling out of control.

Past history says we can guarantee DC would expect fans to pay premier league prices in league 1 as well.

Also cannot see how relegation means DC would want out and sell, not a prayer any potential buyer would get anywhere near his £350 million fictitious investment figure. Admin would be the only way we could potentially forcibly remove him and that means further points deductions so likely league 2 football.

League 1 would be a disaster but I think with the way we are being run if we don’t go down this season via some miracle we are only delaying the inevitable and would be rock bottom next season regardless.

When fans are let back in the atmosphere will be toxic.

6 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

People are looking thats for certain. Some have more money than dc and got football People around them. 

How do you know all this will be posted to me.

Not saying just sit back and it will bumpy for awhile but we'll be fine 

Unless those people have more money than sense and are quite happy to proceed without any sort of due diligence, then I just can’t believe that I’m afraid. 

DC would want at least what he paid for us back.

We have uncertainties regarding the ownership of the stadium and the value of loans/ past creditors outstanding.

The stadium itself is fast becoming unfit for purpose due to safety issues, major work would be required to get it up to PL standards and back up to full capacity.

We need a new training ground, it’s as simple as that. Middlewood Road is probably passable for the 9-18 year old academy lads, just, but the seniors should have far better facilities than what they have, to be a par with other Championship clubs. Another major financial investment required there.

We’re a loss making operation and have been for decades, £100m+ in the last 5 years alone. Even in MM’s brief and thrifty stewardship, we lost over £20m.

That will continue until we can at least start producing or scouting players that can be developed into saleable assets. That’s unlikely to happen when so many clubs within an hours of drive of S6 have training complex’s that are far more attractive to today’s pampered players, juniors and seniors, than ours.

You say the people looking have more money than DC, they’re going to need it.

• Like 3

The best part of being relegated would be getting promoted years later, and having a sign saying ‘the giant has awoken’ or whatever. 

Then going on to struggle as normal. 

If we somehow stay up this season, we'll just be kicking the can down the road another 12 months. Relegation feels inevitable and it could easily be 10+ years before we're in a position to get promotion back to the Championship.

Bleak times ahead... for a change.

12 hours ago, Stripes or die said:

No, let's do it.

Fed up of lurching from crap season to crap season and being charged top dollar.

Rip it up and start again

What if it cost us the sale of the club?

I think it’s the worst time in the history of football to drop into L1, even die hard fans have had enough of Chansiri’s incompetence and we won’t tempt “new” fans, the only way we’d escape L1 with the current stewardship of the club would be dropping into the uncharted territory of L2.

Relegation would be a disaster and sadly it’s looking a very, very real possibility.

It certainly wouldn’t be my choice, once down in that league it can be along way back.

For a start there’s absolutely no guarantee we would win more games, and that would be depressing.

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If we went down:

We'd still have our club
We'd still have our team
We'd still have our heroes
We'd still have our shirts
We'd still have our badge

We'd still have our programmes
We'd still have our atmosphere (when allowed back)
We'd still have beers, banter and fun
We'd win more games

We'd see different stadiums
We'd be more successful
We'd have more chance of a promotion season

We MIGHT even have more realistic pricing 

What would we miss?
We'd not get battered every week
We'd not have to spend gazillions on players and wages anymore

We could return to more of a community vibe

This is Chansiri he’ll put prices up !!!

• Haha 1