1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

It would be an absolute disaster.  Many times worse than the other times we've been in that division. I believe we are on the brink of the greatest disaster in the history of our club, no income, massive debts, no ground, no assets, ordinary players being paid ridiculous wages, all in the middle of a world wide pandemic and a an economic meltdown.

Sorry if this has been covered in the next pages, I have however just woken up after crying myself to sleep after today’s debacle.

I agree with the post, in my opinion we are in arguably the most serious trouble we have been in for a long time, perhaps ever. If we could scratch the surface of the problems facing the Owls I think we would be horrified.

On a personal level I am unsure as to whether I will be giving anywhere near as much cash to the club as I have in the past. I am and always will be a fan, however I have found other things to spend my money on during match day and other things to do with my time.

Its not a dig at the club, just the circumstances that we all unfortunately find ourselves in. Not sure where we and other similar sized clubs go from here, DC’s money can’t last forever.

• Like 1

If we go down it’s not the end of the world but I think it is the time that our chairman calls his reign a complete and utter catastrophe. It’s time for him to Sell up go home and take stuffing man with him.

We can rise out if the ashes but not with the current owner 

52 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Let's go play in the Northern Premier, we'd batter everyone

Wouldn't be so sure mate. I watch Stocksbridge Park Steels regular and the standard is a lot better than you would think. 

Under the current arrangements, yes.

Imagine Paxo choosing players to play in that division.

Imagine Paxo choosing players to play in any division, for that matter.

With Cook, no, it wouldn't be so bad.

Not only would he get us back up, but he knows the players in those lower divisions.

He could do a Wilder.

But appointing Cook is too rational for Chansiri, plus he knows that Cook would be popular with many fans.

• Like 1

We’d accept it, as we have done before, although not at the current prices. Not sure where it leaves DC though, but realistically no good can come of relegation. I can understand why some might believe it might have some positives, but it really doesn’t It’s likely things would be similarly chaotic, but in a division lower. Pretty certain our current debts would be unsustainable at that level

30 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d take it if it meant new ownership.

But if DC is still in charge, it would be awful. 

Relegation means Chansiri out its win win 

I worry that I, and my kids will never see Wednesday in the premier league as it is, going down would almost make that a certainty. 

Incredible to think we would be better off going down...

1. Nearly the whole squad out of contract this summer

2. Based on the pivotal January transfer window, no money to buy new players

3. Following from point 2, having to rely of free transfers and loans

4. Wage cap, means a lot more level playing field

5. Points 2 and 4 combined, footballers plying their trade regularly in the division will raise their game against the clubs with a bigger reputation - similar wages but more desire 

6. Sunderland fiasco but worse 

7. Portsmouth fiasco but worse

8. No manager 

9. Deluded chairman with no footballing knowledge, no charisma and acts like a spoilt child

Going down would be catastrophic, and may only be the start of it, or even the beginning of the end 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, hdan450 said:

Incredible to think we would be better off going down...

1. Nearly the whole squad out of contract this summer

2. Based on the pivotal January transfer window, no money to buy new players

3. Following from point 2, having to rely of free transfers and loans

4. Wage cap, means a lot more level playing field

5. Points 2 and 4 combined, footballers plying their trade regularly in the division will raise their game against the clubs with a bigger reputation - similar wages but more desire 

6. Sunderland fiasco but worse 

7. Portsmouth fiasco but worse

8. No manager 

9. Deluded chairman with no footballing knowledge, no charisma and acts like a spoilt child

Going down would be catastrophic, and may only be the start of it, or even the beginning of the end 

Or as an Uberfan would tell you it could be the start of the beginning and not to doubt Chansiri's plans

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Therealrealist said:

I will still be goin to every away game with mates and fam..sinkin 16 pints and generally havin a funtastic time...so I stopped worrying about relegation when I wer about 22

This is the point

We'll always still have a Wednesday

The only difference is what division we'll play in, the prices, the facilities etc

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or as an Uberfan would tell you it could be the start of the beginning and not to doubt Chansiri's plans

Apologies - I will follow our our leader blindly to impending doom 

• Haha 1

Considering the current environment and financial issues, going down now would probably be the worst time to get relegated in modern history 

• Like 3

This should have be worded as a club-sponsored survey that lays out the realistic options.

As a long-term Sheffield Wednesday customer, which do you prefer?

1) Relegation to League 1 at the end of this season, followed by an inept rebuild led by Chansiri and his team of advisors, leading to a mid-table League 1 finish in 2022.

2) A 21st place finish this season, followed by an inept rebuild led by Chansiri and his team of advisors, leading to relegation to League 1 in 2022.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5