TUESDAY NIGHT Wycombe (H) HUGE GAME

I think he won't go radical with the lineup. He will likely keep the same back line. I'd like to think Shaw could start and I'd go Patterson Rhodes. Fire the bench up with as many options as possible. I'm looking for a reaction. If the abysmal display yesterday can't do that we will be in trouble...

18 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Wycombe are so bad, one of the worst teams there's ever been in the Championship. 

That's the idea, underate the opposition, after all, we only have to turn up to win, don't we?.

It will be a physical battle and with our powder puff midfield, OMG!.

On 06/02/2021 at 17:10, NeonLeon said:

Given our form in ‘must win’ games. 

I’ll be astonished if we don’t get beat. 

Said after the Coventry game the team doesn’t have the mentality to cope with games like that. 

They can surprise us when the pressures off in games we anticipate a loss, but in the games where a win is the minimum they absolutely stay at home. 

We just don't perform against the Rotherham's and Millwall's who are so physical and direct.

We need to learn from what Barnsley did in December, they had a good run that month in the non stop Saturday - Tuesday schedule by freshening the side up every few games and bringing 4 or 5 fresh players into starting 11.

Tuesday is a must win game need to get out of that  bottom 3.

'The statisticians behind Infogol have analysed truckloads of performance data and the fixtures to come to predict the most likely scenarios for what happens next.

It might still be too close for comfort but they reckon that the Owls will only finish 22nd - a place higher than their current ranking and still inside the bottom three.'

https://www.infogol.net/en/leagues/english-football-league-championship-table-2020-21/264

In the position that we’re in every game is a must win game.... and it’s clear that we ain’t going to achieve that level of success.

I worry about playing so called “atrocious “ teams that are on bad runs because they seem to be the type of opposition that we fail miserably against.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Wycombe are pretty much in the last chance saloon, and I expect them to be blood and thunder tomorrow.

It's going to be a really tough match.

Wycombe are 1/100 to be relegated..think they have given up now.

1-0 lucky win for us coming up..

Guest wilyfox

Massive game. No excuses for the players in this one. They must turn up in a game they’re expected to for once. Thompson needs to stop shoe-horning Reach through the middle again. That’s píssing me off. Pulis parked him wide left and he started scoring and assisting like his old self. Thompson shoved him through the middle like Monk and his stats dropped again. Can’t he see that FFS?!

Westwood

Lees.  Hutchinson  Urhoghide

Palmer. Shaw Pelupessy Bannan Reach

Paterson. Kachunga

On 06/02/2021 at 17:59, TheEnchanter said:

Wycombe are so bad, one of the worst teams there's ever been in the Championship. 

Don't say that, we already lost to them once and tomorrow we're about to gift them their first ever double in the Championship... :duntmatter:

On 07/02/2021 at 18:26, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

We just don't perform against the Rotherham's and Millwall's who are so physical and direct.

We need to learn from what Barnsley did in December, they had a good run that month in the non stop Saturday - Tuesday schedule by freshening the side up every few games and bringing 4 or 5 fresh players into starting 11.

Tuesday is a must win game need to get out of that  bottom 3.

It is no more a must win game than any other between now and end of season !!!!!!

On 06/02/2021 at 17:09, KivoOwl said:

Must win. Simple as that.

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Hutchinson

Dunkley

Reach

Luongo

Shaw

Bannan

Paterson

Rhodes

Subs - Wildsmith, Penney, Harris, Green, Windass, Kachunga, Pelupessy, Borner, Dele-Bashiru

That could possibly be the slowest starting 11 ever selected for a professional football match. We’ll all be ringing iFollow complaining the pictures stuck on slo-mo

9A0063A8-0715-4597-917E-25F973A356E0.png

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Anybody who has a team with Pelupessy in should give their heads a wobble. They will be all long ball and throws/corners so we need to match that especially in midfield.