Nixon’s take on the managerial situation

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not very impressed with how we’re going about things.

If this bloke is correct with his previous ramblings, that short list consisted of a hotch potch of random overseas managers with work permit issues and Chris Coleman. And not spoken to the one bloke with good credentials (because he was suggested by the 'wrong' advisor).

So not arguing about this not being how to run a football club, but a broken clock is right twice a day, so might somehow get to a decent end outcome.

I suppose the issue is that should things go south under Thompson, those previously interested in the job might no longer be so keen to join a club heading towards League One with no prospect of adding new players and few games remaining.

There's nothing we can do about that now, though - if we were going to appoint a new permanent manager, the time to do so was within a couple of weeks of Pulis' sacking. We didn't, the transfer window has closed, and Thompson is getting results at the moment, so it would be crazy to change things right now.

We simply have to hope that Thompson can continue to defy the odds and somehow steer us clear of danger. If he does, then Chansiri owes him, big time.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No worries 

The answer to my question is no

So I’m confused why people have agreed/liked it before asking themselves if the post was even true in the slightest 

Yeah, I think the notion of ‘argh damn I can’t get any info out of this club so I’m gonna slam them’ doesn’t really add up tbh 

Nixon literally gets asked questions on Twitter all the time. Football fans from all clubs see him as some kind of oracle of knowledge for some strange reason. People even send him their betting slips for his opinion ffs.

This is just his opinion based on a question he was asked. Definitely not salty he’s not getting any information. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

I like and respect Alan Nixon. Is far more spot when it comes to us than any journalist close to the club like Howson, Giddings and co. FFS anyone of us could do what Howson does? Saying this is not happening and this is wide of the mark and most of the time he’s right because we know that we do sod all as a club because of the basket case we are? At least Nixon comes off the fence and tells us what he knows or what he thinks is happening or will happen? Granted he gets it wrong from time to time but I would say 85% of the time he’s on the mark and that’s a  pretty high percentage TBF?

• Love 1