Millwall -V- Wednesday OMDT

We get one good game, one bad game. There just no consistency with performance levels with players.

We need a defence coach quick because that second goal was so embarrassing for about 4 or 5 players.

Thanks to Westwood or it could have been a cricket score in that second half.

A lot of work need on how to defend on the wings before Wycombe midweek.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Urhoghide had a decent game against Everton, then didn't play against Coventry when we were poor at the back. PLays against Preston and was arguably man of the match, plays again the win against Bournemouth. Dropped today and we capitulate at the back.

I don't blame Thompson for defeats, he is a position he shouldn't be in and has got some good results but the responsibility should not be his. To be in the relegation and to sack 2nd manager of the season after just 10 games then fail to replace him in over a month is irresponsible. 

Just on urghoghide, while I agree it was probably harsh to drop him, perhaps to meny games to quick as a youngster and more of a managed thing going on. 

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Poor sub decisions by Thompson and Joey stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes of chasing shadows back passes and gifting pens. 

Should've come off instead of Palmer for Shaw. 

Poor sub choices by Thomson. 

He put Harris on at halftime and started him on the left and he got stuck into that Romeo and looked good then after a few minutes he put him on the right and left Reach marking Romeo and got completely stuffed 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pussface said:

Have a coherent transfer policy...

So we're not saying the same thing every season.

I don"t trust this club with signing 2 players never mind 15. Looking forward to seeing 10 centre backs arrive with broken legs.

Then there's the small matter of actually being able to pay them.

Agreed 👍🏻

Edited by bigdan2003
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Applies to Thompson but not to Monk or Jos

Weird

I think there's an argument that it applies to all our managers since Carlos. I don't think it's malicious or deliberate but there's a lack of long-term bite and fight about the team, and has been for a few seasons now...

• Thanks 1

Bad afternoon. Terrible defeat, other results not kind. 3 points from safety, others pulling away, game in hand gone and goal difference eroded. 

Wycombe game is crucial to stay in contention, because I don't see us getting much from the next 3 games after that.

41 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Mind the gap from fans of one of the few teams we have beaten away this season and who have actually managed to pick up less points than we have.

Are they as thick as their accents make them sound?

Yes😁😁😁

I think I might spend tonight experimenting by banging a nail through my scrotum into a piece of wood, see if its more pleasurable than going through that 2nd half again. 

Note to self, buy some new nails just in case, and in time for our next game.

Just now, punkskaphil said:

Just got a text from our Millwall-supporting office cleaner.

6A7C5ED6-529E-42AC-A2EF-5025CF39E559.jpeg.01183ae6ed79c4b0200b6b0e7dcfd675.jpeg

Was it you with a stroppy Millwall office cleaner in 2006-07, or is every office cleaner in ThatLondon a Millwall fan?

A lot of teams might have pressed on once in front, we always seem to try and defend a lead. Thomson has inherited a side that does not look fit enough to attack as a team and consequently we tend to become a long ball side. We are not practiced in getting forward in numbers from open play.

Reach has the engine and size to be better but shirks everything and turns back even if his marker has not caught up with them. We don't appear to understand we need to make an angle to help out the man on the ball and we have too many weak minded players that dont look as if they mind losing a match.

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

I think I might spend tonight experimenting by banging a nail through my scrotum into a piece of wood, see if its more pleasurable than going through that 2nd half again. 

Note to self, buy some new nails just in case, and in time for our next game.

Don't - you'll need a rusty, tetanus-laden one for the full Wycombe experience...

• Haha 1