MCU

Ellis Rimmer

14 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yes it's really good. I think there is only 6 episodes so doubt there will be a flash back episode?

Yeh he's very good...can imagine them making him as a recurring antihero

Made me laugh on some of the reddit pages Americans getting excited because they had spotted an x men symbol on a gate lol

0000070_no-stopping-road-sign.jpeg

🤣

Is it only 6 eps? That's a shame, I guess it's massive budget per episode so they might be wanting to reign it in to see how it does before committing to a long term thing

I was thinking they were going to do what they did with Wanda/Vision and have Falcon Winter solider run through a season then a week break then Loki starts - going to be a long time between new series if there's only 2 eps left 😞

I saw the other day that Tatiana Maslany (lead start of Orphan Black) has been cast as She-Hulk for the Disney+ series. 

She was fantastic in Orphan Black so I'm really looking forward to seeing what she can do.

(If you haven't seen Orphan Black, watch it, it's on Netflix - it's brilliant)

35 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

🤣

Is it only 6 eps? That's a shame, I guess it's massive budget per episode so they might be wanting to reign it in to see how it does before committing to a long term thing

I was thinking they were going to do what they did with Wanda/Vision and have Falcon Winter solider run through a season then a week break then Loki starts - going to be a long time between new series if there's only 2 eps left 😞

I saw the other day that Tatiana Maslany (lead start of Orphan Black) has been cast as She-Hulk for the Disney+ series. 

She was fantastic in Orphan Black so I'm really looking forward to seeing what she can do.

(If you haven't seen Orphan Black, watch it, it's on Netflix - it's brilliant)

Yeh I think Loki must have been moved back as I remember there was something originally planned to be released most weeks

Yeh I saw that casting, I thought they would go for somebody a bit more muscular-i'll check that show out

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Really enjoyed that series, better than Wandavision imo. I thought the flag smashers were a bit meh though

Agreed the Flag Smashers were a complete non entity, wonder how the virus storyline they cut would have changed them.

• Like 1

Went to watch Black Widow yesterday morning.

Thought it was OK, not the best MCU film, not the worst.

Could have really given more screen time to the big bads to establish threat, was more tell and not show

Florence Pugh & David Harbour were excellent

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Went to watch Black Widow yesterday morning.

Thought it was OK, not the best MCU film, not the worst.

Could have really given more screen time to the big bads to establish threat, was more tell and not show

Florence Pugh & David Harbour were excellent

It was fine.  

I would have given quite a lot for the 'dad' to actually meet Steve Rogers at the end though.

Florence Pugh is always excellent.  

30 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

As always , Ray Winstone spoils it 

If an accent is required for a role , He should just be the last person you offer it to. 

It was comical at times.  

I was telling my wife 'yeah, he did a poo Russian accent in Enemy at the Gates, too.  You would have thought he might be a bit better by now...'

Then I realised that was Bob Hoskins.

Don't tell her like.  She hasn't seen it.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

I was telling my wife 'yeah, he did a poo Russian accent in Enemy at the Gates, too.  You would have thought he might be a bit better by now...'

Then I realised that was Bob Hoskins.

Don't tell her like.  She hasn't seen it.

Bob Hoskins was one of the original ideas to play Wolverine 

On 21/10/2021 at 15:41, Ellis Rimmer said:

Anyone see Venom 2? I liked the humour but not a great storyline

It was enjoyable but it did feel all a bit rushed together, not enough Carnage for my liking

I was sat open mouthed at the end credit scene mind - it was fantastic 

• Like 1