MCU

Ellis Rimmer

I was hoping Wiccan and Speed were going to stick around, but they've got them there in the background if they ever need them.

The seeds have been sown for Photon, Pulsar whatever she's called now in the comics.

It just wasn't as balls deep in creating the mutants as I though it was going to be. 

With the way Rambeau got her powers, I thoughr they were going to explode the hex which sent shockwaves around the world creating the first gen of mutants.

Wouldn't surprise me if they went a different direction with the likes of Magneto in the MCU, rather than a Jew persecuted by the Nazis, they could have him as a Palestinian persecuted by the Israelis or a Middle easterner with a bone to grind against the West

• Like 2

I know it's been stated that it's not cannon however Agents of Shield has still had a few cross overs and been mindful of what was happening in the MCU.

So easy to introduce more mutants, let's face it by the end of this year we could have the following -

In humans (AOS).  - Humans descended from the Kree with an Alien gene

Celestrials  (Eternals)

Humans with their genetic code changed giving them super powers (Monica)

And people are wondering how X men  can fit into the MCU??

Pretty easy.

Still going for Wanda splitting the Universe!

14 minutes ago, cazzaswfc said:

I know it's been stated that it's not cannon however Agents of Shield has still had a few cross overs and been mindful of what was happening in the MCU.

So easy to introduce more mutants, let's face it by the end of this year we could have the following -

In humans (AOS).  - Humans descended from the Kree with an Alien gene

Celestrials  (Eternals)

Humans with their genetic code changed giving them super powers (Monica)

And people are wondering how X men  can fit into the MCU??

Pretty easy.

Still going for Wanda splitting the Universe!

So a whole bunch more people with superpowers that no one has any problems with.  That solves the problem!

6 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

So a whole bunch more people with superpowers that no one has any problems with.  That solves the problem!

Technically they did have a problem. It's why they brought in the accords after Civil war  😀

To be honest I've not really been into X - men, would prefer to perhaps see the odd mutant along side existing characters -would imo fit better and add to the expanding MCU, House of M style storylines (like with Wanda) leave this a possibilty.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cazzaswfc said:

Technically they did have a problem. It's why they brought in the accords after Civil war  😀

To be honest I've not really been into X - men, would prefer to perhaps see the odd mutant along side existing characters -would imo fit better and add to the expanding MCU, House of M style storylines (like with Wanda) leave this a possibilty.

I think they will quickly crossover with the existing MCU characters, they need to develop some big characters for the next big storyline I reckon with lots of the Avengers now gone. I think the future will revolve around the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Captain Marvel.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cazzaswfc said:

Fantastic four already hinted at?

Haywood mentioned early on about his missing astronauts.

did he? 

I thought he was hinted at when Monica said something about somebody who would be interested in the hex

I hope they don't mess FF up again

It was a throw away comment when Monica first returned to work at Sword, something like half his team were missing and not completing man missions anymore.

Could have been an Easter egg or part of a bigger picture, could be nothing. MCU love the conspiracies. Then the "Aerospace engineer" 2 subtle links/wind ups.

Bit like Jimmy Woos missing person!  Was this a way of getting him in Wandavision or Is it a character yet to be introduced?

• Like 1

On 09/03/2021 at 21:38, cazzaswfc said:

It was a throw away comment when Monica first returned to work at Sword, something like half his team were missing and not completing man missions anymore.

Could have been an Easter egg or part of a bigger picture, could be nothing. MCU love the conspiracies. Then the "Aerospace engineer" 2 subtle links/wind ups.

Bit like Jimmy Woos missing person!  Was this a way of getting him in Wandavision or Is it a character yet to be introduced?

Half his team went missing because of Thanos, so they stopped doing manned missions.

Falcon & Winter Solider was very much like an MCU mini movie in that first episode.

The opening 5 minutes did more for Falcon than any of the movies did, that body count 🤣

Good to see GSP reprise his role from the Winter Solider

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Falcon & Winter Solider was very much like an MCU mini movie in that first episode.

The opening 5 minutes did more for Falcon than any of the movies did, that body count 🤣

Good to see GSP reprise his role from the Winter Solider

I thought it was ace. Surprised Rhodey wasn’t going “pussssaaayy” when Falcon was saying why he wasn’t taking the Captain America mantle lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I thought it was ace. Surprised Rhodey wasn’t going “pussssaaayy” when Falcon was saying why he wasn’t taking the Captain America mantle lol

Part of me was secretly hoping they were going to do the storyline from the Sam Wilson Captain America comic a couple of years ago where he got turned into a flying werewolf.

Im actually gutted 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Part of me was secretly hoping they were going to do the storyline from the Sam Wilson Captain America comic a couple of years ago where he got turned into a flying werewolf.

Im actually gutted 🤣🤣

Sounds mental. Do you have Marvel Unlimited?

11 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Sounds mental. Do you have Marvel Unlimited?

I more tend to buy things off comixology when they're on sale.

I got as far as making a marvel unlimited account but never took a subscription out.

In tempted though to reread the Hickman F4 and Avengers run as the omnibus editions cost so so much

1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I more tend to buy things off comixology when they're on sale.

I got as far as making a marvel unlimited account but never took a subscription out.

In tempted though to reread the Hickman F4 and Avengers run as the omnibus editions cost so so much

I'm actually reading the Hickman F4 run at the moment. The problem with Marvel Unlimited is that they don't make it easy to follow with all the tie ins and that so you have to do a bit of homework with it. 

17 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I'm actually reading the Hickman F4 run at the moment. The problem with Marvel Unlimited is that they don't make it easy to follow with all the tie ins and that so you have to do a bit of homework with it. 

Tie ins are my most hated things about Marvel & DC comics

Want to continue and find out the ending of the Spider-Man arc you're reading, it won't be continued in the next issue of Spider-Man, instead you'll have to read Thor #34, All New Iron Man #23 & Squirrel Girl #14.

Marvel aren't even consistent with the trades, some trades have everything including the tie ins, some don't.

Heaven forbid you want to read some massive arc end storyline such as Secret Wars or War of The Realms where every single comic released for a 3 month period ties into it some how. I think they're doing it right now for the King in Black storyline.

It's why I read more and more Image comics these days and DC are quite as bad with the tie ins

I'm loving Falcon & Winter Solider. It's ramping up quite nicely, although I've got a feeling they'll be a John Walker flashback episode soon to slow down the action

I think Zemo is my entire favourite MCU villain out of them all. He's so sinister and played brilliantly

I love they've given the nod to the comics with the iconic mask too. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I'm loving Falcon & Winter Solider. It's ramping up quite nicely, although I've got a feeling they'll be a John Walker flashback episode soon to slow down the action

I think Zemo is my entire favourite MCU villain out of them all. He's so sinister and played brilliantly

I love they've given the nod to the comics with the iconic mask too. 

Yes it's really good. I think there is only 6 episodes so doubt there will be a flash back episode?

Yeh he's very good...can imagine them making him as a recurring antihero

Made me laugh on some of the reddit pages Americans getting excited because they had spotted an x men symbol on a gate lol

0000070_no-stopping-road-sign.jpeg