Joost Van Aken Leaving in the Summer

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Glad he’s going. He’s absolutely poo ! Behind Iorfa, Lees, Dunkley, Hutchinson, Urhoghide, Borner. Even Brennan looks a more able centre back to me! Good riddance. 

I remember his first game for us, and he was pinging balls 60/70 yards to our wingers feet, and I remember thinking “ god he looks good!” ...

then it slowly went down hill from there, and then the United game happened, and that was game over for him. 

Sadly not strong enough for this league. He might do well in somewhere like Itialy where it’s slower and less physical. 

• Like 1

Most footballers are pretty skinny, I wouldn’t get too carried away with his build. His big big issue was always his defensive footwork, evident from the first game he played. He drove constantly from the wrong foot which meant he was caught ‘ flat footed’ all the time. I haven’t seen a defender have that at this level. 

think he will end up in Middle East or USA , he will be ok out there.

• Like 1

Sure i read somewhere we paid £2.5M , rising to £4M with add ons which presumably havent been triggered.

Either way it was far too much , and a shocking example of our "recruitment".

I would offer him a settlement now , and any cash saved could go toward an out of contract left back.

On 05/02/2021 at 18:23, Tony Pulis said:

"My contact is expiring in the summer. After that, I would like to go somewhere else in Europe like Italy, Switzerland. Maybe then, I will return to Netherlands"

It's not wise booking a foreign holiday just yet. Maybe next year will be better.

14 hours ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

I remember his first game for us, and he was pinging balls 60/70 yards to our wingers feet, and I remember thinking “ god he looks good!” ...

then it slowly went down hill from there, and then the United game happened, and that was game over for him. 

Sadly not strong enough for this league. He might do well in somewhere like Itialy where it’s slower and less physical. 

I'm afraid you're totally wrong ........

it went down hill very quickly 

If a player isn't quite up to Championship standard, but gets recommended by our advisors and scouts, and purchased by our Chairman, then assessed daily by our coaching setup and our managers and then played in Championship games, surely the last person to be hurling hate at is Joost Van Aken?

Stay classy ffs

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop