MLB 2021

Guest Manwithastick

Berrios price is way too steep so glad we missed out. 

Rumours saying Nats wanted to trade Scherzer and Turner together, Padres didnt want Trea so drove up the price for Dodgers. 

Bonkers deadline this year. 

White sox trade Madrigal for Kimbrel even though they have Hendricks as closer. 

Maybe the weirdest decision was the Rockies not trading Story. He seemed well fucked off about it too.

If I was Story I'd be well pissed off as well. Reckong they are going to are going to sh  it on him even more and give him the qualifying offer as well? Maybe they wanted the addtional draft pick more than what they were getting offered in a trade?

On 30/07/2021 at 12:41, Bez said:

BD2BF507-D5F0-4A32-91C6-1BC96ABAD6EF.jpeg.e557a16949bb7db3b9751cbbc437b4de.jpeg

Another site puts Cleveland’s total payroll  at just $47,000,000.

For context, Wednesday are at around $45,000,000.

The owls are not what they seem.

Today has been one of those rare baseball days. Mets 4 runs down in the 9th, and end up winning it on a base hit by a guy who has been absolute dog sh  it (Conforto) scoring a guy who has gone toe to toe with the New York demanding fan base in Baez both of whom have been roundly booed.

15 hours ago, FattyOwl72 said:

Baseball trip 2021 dream all over forever all said. Bloody Covid. 

May 2022 is fingers crossed time.

You're better off not bothering right now though, Jim. Chances they could be going back into a lockdown must be pretty high.

8 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

You're better off not bothering right now though, Jim. Chances they could be going back into a lockdown must be pretty high.

Yeah. I was due to go September 17. Virgin still have the flights as scheduled but it's clear that A) Brits still won't be cleared for entry and B) I'm not sure how much fun it would be with Covid seemingly on the rise again. So as the flights were the most expensive bit I cost to move them to May when the Mets/Yank**s/RedSox schedules line up. Can always be postponed again. 

Hotels cancelled(only ever book with free cancellation). Amtrak from NYNY to Boston cancelled and refunded. New York Pass can be used any time within 24 months anyway. Sadly it's MLB who are being wånks - will not refund on any of my 4 tickets or even let me exchange for 2022. All up for sale on StubHub but I doubt they'll sell even with all teams (Mets, Phillies, Red Sox, Yanks, ok not the Rangers) still having an active part in the postseason race. 

There's a small Dominican run sports store in Washington Heights that have been holding this for me since March and will need to hold it a bit longer:laugh:

wilson-baseball-glove-2021-a2000-vg27ss-

Question for those in the know.

Yesterday the Jays scored 22 runs against the O's in the first 6 innings including 2 grand slams. Question is as they didn't score any in the next 3 is that because they went easy on the O's. I'm thinking baseball is not that kind of game. Especially as when a player gets hit by a pitch there's no reaction or apology from the pitcher. 

1 hour ago, darra said:

Yesterday the Jays scored 22 runs against the O's in the first 6 innings including 2 grand slams. Question is as they didn't score any in the next 3 is that because they went easy on the O's. I'm thinking baseball is not that kind of game. Especially as when a player gets hit by a pitch there's no reaction or apology from the pitcher. 

There's normally some kind of etiquette in blow outs. Stuff like don't steal a base (looking at you Ricky Henderson) when up by ten is definitely one. Did they pull all their usual starters? You often see that happen when it's not close and then the scoring would just naturally slow down due to the lesser players.

There are so many unwritten rules that they want everyone to agree on. It's a bit out of hand.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, darra said:

37 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

There's normally some kind of etiquette in blow outs. Stuff like don't steal a base (looking at you Ricky Henderson) when up by ten is definitely one. Did they pull all their usual starters? You often see that happen when it's not close and then the scoring would just naturally slow down due to the lesser players.

There are so many unwritten rules that they want everyone to agree on. It's a bit out of hand.

Firstly, it looks like there was no one there to care (official attendance was 8,474 but it looked much less). The Jays did most of the scoring early - 16 runs in the first 3 innings - where the unwritten rules are much less strict/enforced. There were no attempts at steals and the Jays did pull Bichette, Guerrero and Hernandez. 

Been a brilliant lat 2 weeks for the Blue Jays - now in the lead AL wildcard spot and have overtaken both the Red Sox and the Wankees. In fact the AL wildcard race is going to be tremendous over the next two weeks. We may well see both AL wildcard spots come from the AL East and both NL spots from the NL West. 

• Like 1

Enjoyed watching Shaun Baz make his big league debut tonight. Obvs very early days, but it looks like he could have a very special career ahead of him.

Pittsburgh must be regretting that trade.

But fizz me. Leading the AL East. Playing a wild card contender. First major league start for a real talent.

And the Rays could still barely draw 10,000.

Get them moved. There are cities out there that deserve a team. 

• Like 1

The owls are not what they seem.

3 hours ago, Neal M said:

Enjoyed watching Shaun Baz make his big league debut tonight. Obvs very early days, but it looks like he could have a very special career ahead of him.

But fizz me. Leading the AL East. Playing a wild card contender. First major league start for a real talent.

Just read the report. Sounds like the Jays pitchers didn't turn up. 

On 21/09/2021 at 04:46, Neal M said:

There must be at least 5 cities that would jump at a relocation deal for an MLB Team and probably be much more viable as a commercial entity than the Rays.

• Like 1