Our players calling fans on the phone

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Bit awkward if Cameron Dawson phones you up. I mean, what do you say, without being rude? 

I'd be desperately thinking "don't say anything to upset him, don't say anything to upset him", then when making small talk about our recent form I'd blurt out "We're a lot better with Westwood in net, D'OH!" 

Don’t worry. He’ll drop the phone before you get a chance to answer 

AD22AB68-06DE-4DF3-A913-182481A8038A.png

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think it's staggering our players are having to process the season ticket refunds. Adam Reach rang me earlier, he was clearly nervous and unsure how the system worked, got there in the end though. Asked him if he could do my dad's at same time but said they have to do them all individually

Worst bit is, after speaking to you he was told to cross your name out but ballooned it into the Kop instead. 

065C72AC-0B26-4540-868F-8CDCA1CD9029.jpeg

• Haha 3

Caller: Hello Is that the Samaritans?

Cameron Dawson: Hello. Yes it is. Tell me about your problems?

Caller: I support Sheffield Wednesday and I’m suicidal. The clubs a shambles. I used to love the place. Now I hate everything about them. If anyone else mentions Sheffield Wednesday I’m going to do it. I swear I am. 
Cameron Dawson: (Hesitates) oh, err that’s terrible. What’s you name mate?

Caller: My names Neil, what’s yours ?

Cameron Dawson: Cameron D........ I mean Colin, Colin Donnelly (slams phone down and pretends it was a heavy breather) 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

Bit awkward if Cameron Dawson phones you up. I mean, what do you say, without being rude? 

I'd be desperately thinking "don't say anything to upset him, don't say anything to upset him", then when making small talk about our recent form I'd blurt out "We're a lot better with Westwood in net, D'OH!" 

ODD'S ON HE WOULD DROP THE PHONE 🤣😅

3 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Agreed. Nice to see the club making some effort to connect with the fanbase.

I don't know when the club started this but I was surprised and pleased to receive a call

from Calum Paterson this morning.

Came across as really friendly and sounded genuinely interested in how I as coping with life in lockdown etc.

Spent a few minutes talking about the Bournemouth game and the winning goal, particularly the quality of the

move starting from Hutch right through to Rhodes header.

He mentioned how thrilled all the team were for Jordan.

Having dicussed what a brilliant goal the winner was I thought it best if I made no mention of the quality

of his goal.lol

Good, from the photo he looks like he's ringing for the results of his VD test.

Manchester Utd also did this a while ago, getting ex players phoning older fans to see how they were getting on in lockdown. Somebody I work with's husband got a call a while back,  he's a proper lifelong fan with a season ticket not a gloryhunter, a former player spent a good while chatting and reminiscing with him. But because it was out of the blue and he wasn't really paying attention at the start, to this day he has absolutely no idea which player he'd been talking to. 

• Haha 2