Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

 

Strange timing.

 

I'm sure, because he's left the club after the transfer deadline, he can't sign for anybody else until the window reopens.

 

I know he struggled with injuries when he was here, but I genuinely believed, he would have been a risk worth taking this January.

 

He's got all the attributes you'd want for a modern day full back/wing back. His time here under Bruce was very brief, but he showed glimpses of ability that far exceeds this level.

 

Be interesting to where he goes, and if he can get a run of games under his belt that helps him realise his potential.

Correct. We didn't need him anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

 

Strange timing.

 

I'm sure, because he's left the club after the transfer deadline, he can't sign for anybody else until the window reopens.

 

I know he struggled with injuries when he was here, but I genuinely believed, he would have been a risk worth taking this January.

 

He's got all the attributes you'd want for a modern day full back/wing back. His time here under Bruce was very brief, but he showed glimpses of ability that far exceeds this level.

 

Be interesting to where he goes, and if he can get a run of games under his belt that helps him realise his potential.

I thought it strange too. Maybe he has something lined up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Treborowl said:

I thought it strange too. Maybe he has something lined up?

 

The Italian transfer window opens today.

 

So I can only assume he's got a club sorted over there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's been trying to find a new club for a while. Offer him a smallish wage and a decent appearance fee and we either get a player who improves us or we don't lose much. £6k per week and £6k appearance fee could give him £18k per week as things stand with 2 games per week or we lose say £90k or there abouts if he is a crock. Pick your own figures, mine are just examples.

 

If he wants more then walk away.

 

He definitely added something to us in the odd game he did play here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

 

Strange timing.

 

I'm sure, because he's left the club after the transfer deadline, he can't sign for anybody else until the window reopens.

 

I know he struggled with injuries when he was here, but I genuinely believed, he would have been a risk worth taking this January.

 

He's got all the attributes you'd want for a modern day full back/wing back. His time here under Bruce was very brief, but he showed glimpses of ability that far exceeds this level.

 

Be interesting to where he goes, and if he can get a run of games under his belt that helps him realise his potential.

I thought that about the window being closed.... unless it is still open in other countries?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have to be on reasonable wages given his injury record, and the fact he’s now got no club 

 

But better than what we have and we need more competition back there 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If he left Newcastle this morning, we can't sign him until the summer. I'm sure the rules state that a free agent has to have been a free agent in the window which is why you often get contracts terminated by mutual agreement nearing the end of a window, thus allowing the player the chance to find a club after the window has shut. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's played 90 minutes twice since 22nd April 2019, when he went off injured for us. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SIGN HIM UP! HMS P*** THE LEAGUE IS SETTING SAIL AGAIN

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked a very good player in his past loan spell. I was surprised by how good he was.
 

Wouldn’t be against a short term deal while the summer. He’s ideal to play LWB. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

If he left Newcastle this morning, we can't sign him until the summer. I'm sure the rules state that a free agent has to have been a free agent in the window which is why you often get contracts terminated by mutual agreement nearing the end of a window, thus allowing the player the chance to find a club after the window has shut. 

 

It's was on twitter that he had left Newcastle last week so would be before transfer window shut

Link to post
Share on other sites

The date he left the club is not necessarily the date by which he had to leave Newcastle.

 

He was having a blinder for us until he over stretched in front of the west stand tracking towards the kop. He could make an impact !   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

‘Achraf Lazaar has just signed for Sheffield Wednesday, burst straight into the dressing room to get ready for training with a big beaming smile on his face. Sadly, he tripped on a kit bag, tore his ankle ligaments, dislocated his knee, and collapsed into a puddle of píss on the floor. Ach will now miss the remainder of the season. We wish him a speedy recovery.’

he'll be getting a phone call from hutch later today

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...