Quick word for Joey Pelupessy

Didn’t watch the match just the snippets from Gillette Soccer Special. There was one clip he was having to do the job of 2 people on the edge of his own box going from one man to the next to stop a shot as Bannan was too far away from his man.

Not brilliant but keep up the hard work Joey.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Didn’t watch the match just the snippets from Gillette Soccer Special. There was one clip he was having to do the job of 2 people on the edge of his own box going from one man to the next to stop a shot as Bannan was too far away from his man.

Not brilliant but keep up the hard work Joey.

That’s the trouble with most of our CM’s that have partnered the wee Scotsman. We’ve signed many more expensive players that have looked shocking playing by his side. It’s not easy doing the work of two men. Kieran Lee and his engine is only one who’s made it look easy.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A fantastic performance last night from Joey

Getting better and better and better with every game now

I'd say he's been one of the bright spots of this season, I was one of those who was not to bothered about keeping him at end of last season. Game seemed to pass him by too quickly,  never in the right place to make a challenge and always seemed to be on Bannan's toes. But he as got to grips with pace of game now  hardly ever gives ball away. And doesn't just look for Bannan to pass to. But unfortunately  he is the fall guy so when we lose it seems to be all his fault 

• Like 1

Thought he was excellent and I was surprised he went off. (But what do I know? It worked).

He has always been a worker, but he has added composure and passing now. Played some lovely attacking passes last night, and an absolute peach to the right wing on Saturday.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Travolski said:

Unfortunatly for Joey, his role is to stop runs and hassle attackers off the ball, dirty job but every team needs one. Gives his all and has passion when he plays, think alot of the hate is because folks dont understand the job he dose, long shall it continue.

Nailed it 👍

• Like 8

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Travolski said:

Unfortunatly for Joey, his role is to stop runs and hassle attackers off the ball, dirty job but every team needs one. Gives his all and has passion when he plays, think alot of the hate is because folks dont understand the job he dose, long shall it continue.

This exactly.

I think half the problem with Joey is people are expecting a box to box midfielder, Joey sits deep and covers doing the dirty work

He's not the best in the league but he always puts a shift in, glad people are noticing.

Last night especially first half was the best I've seen in play.

Pirlopessy.

• Like 4