Bournemouth sack manager after Wednesday defeat

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They've only been linked by Dom I think

Unless other sources are cut & pasting there are others mate,John Terry also...certainly be interesting to see who they do appoint,they must have had someone in mind surely?

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Unless other sources are cut & pasting there are others mate,John Terry also...certainly be interesting to see who they do appoint,they must have had someone in mind surely?

LIke others have said I'm expecting it to go to a smooth well dressed slick London style manager

Would make sense

John Terry fits that bill

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Terry’s assistant manager at a premier club in contention for Europe. Can’t see him dropping to the championship to be an assistant 

Ah but the lure of being a manager.....and a chance of getting to the PL,didnt  he play in the Championship?

Spoiler

11 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t know much about the bloke, but it’s a situation that often arises Someone who has been around the club for years in a coaching capacity, often with no real desire to manage On a whim, they accept the chance of a shot at the managers job, then are sacked within months, severing ties with the club that go back years. As I said, I know nothing of his abilities, but could envisage a similar scenario if Thompson was promoted here Not saying he shouldn’t be offered the job, or that he would be stupid to take it, but it comes with risks. A guy who, by all accounts, does an excellent job with our development groups, takes the first team reins in a time of crisis, does pretty well, and gets offered the job permanently, only to lose his job come the end of the season Hopefully, were that the case, Thompson could revert to his old role, but often that isn’t the case

i've never been a fan of making some long time coach the manager on the strength of a few wins as caretaker ......i'd certainly just let him run as head coach pick  and prepare the team and  let paxo run the management side of things ......i dont see any point in appointing a manager under the present set up 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Not sure Monk is a likely contender for any Championship job if anybody examines his record with us very carefully, not just based on results but recruitment also.

Records don’t matter anymore seemingly 

Anyone can get a job these days 

Owlstalk Shop