Bournemouth sack manager after Wednesday defeat

I don’t know much about the bloke, but it’s a situation that often arises Someone who has been around the club for years in a coaching capacity, often with no real desire to manage On a whim, they accept the chance of a shot at the managers job, then are sacked within months, severing ties with the club that go back years. As I said, I know nothing of his abilities, but could envisage a similar scenario if Thompson was promoted here Not saying he shouldn’t be offered the job, or that he would be stupid to take it, but it comes with risks. A guy who, by all accounts, does an excellent job with our development groups, takes the first team reins in a time of crisis, does pretty well, and gets offered the job permanently, only to lose his job come the end of the season Hopefully, were that the case, Thompson could revert to his old role, but often that isn’t the case

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 3

Just now, gurujuan said:

I don’t know much about the bloke, but it’s a situation that often arises Someone who has been around the club for years in a coaching capacity, often with no real desire to manage On a whim, they accept the chance of a shot at the managers job, then are sacked within months, severing ties with the club that go back years. As I said, I know nothing of his abilities, but could envisage a similar scenario if Thompson was promoted here Not saying he shouldn’t be offered the job, or that he would be stupid to take it, but it comes with risks. A guy who, by all accounts, does an excellent job with our development groups, takes the first team reins in a time of crisis, does pretty well, and gets offered the job permanently, only to lose his job come the end of the season Hopefully, we’re that the case, Thompson could revert to his old role, but often that isn’t the case

Personally I think that the second we give Thompson the job full time that’s when we start to lose games 

Not because he will do anything wrong or different either 

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Personally I think that the second we give Thompson the job full time that’s when we start to lose games 

Not because he will do anything wrong or different either 

It often happens doesn’t it My thoughts are, that there is no real need to make any sort of managerial decision right now

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, poite said:

For that he deserves executing not sacking lol

BBC sport understands that following defeat to Sheffield Wednesday (twice) the board have decided to shoot Head coach Jason Tindall in the car park. A club spokesman said “it was the humane thing to do” 

• Haha 4

Bournemouth are a league 1 club at best but were boosted by Russian money. If they do not get back whilst in receipt of parachute payments they will struggle in this league. Howe spent a fortune on players and last night some of them did not look they worth anything like what they cost. 

We played well last night and looked a good team, it must have been a shock for them to see second from bottom turn up and play them off pitch which we did in first half.

Second half they played better but we stuck in their and got a great goal. 

Probably did not realise our current form W5 D1 L1 is automatic promotion material!

• Like 3

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Sitting on his mobile phone during the match last night sealed his fate I think

lol

Couldn't believe that, texting DC? lol 

Bournemouth were my local team in 2020 and hopefully will be again soon.

I'm afraid it is an area with not a lot of football culture and rather like Brighton, the Cherries are one of those clubs where the loudest voices are the Johnny-come-lately plastic fans who ten years ago were watching Speedway or shopping for a hobby. They only got invested with the club because they were on the up and up and now they feel that is their entitlement. It does make it a bit of a poisoned chalice for a manager with an absentee owner who has lost a bit of interest and a fanbase who don't really now what they are talking about.

The upside for them is that it is the sort of part of the world that is attractive to spivs and posers so they have an opportunity to get the right man in and stabilise. I just don't know if they have the class to realise that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1