Adam Reach

Reach has his fans,& he has blown hot & cold in recent times....he is one of a number of players who need a fresh start elsewhere,many will struggle to accept that.But the only way forward for the Club is to move on the ,injury prone players, & those thought either to be under achieving,or to have alleged 'issues' that make them difficult to manage.

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 14.01.11.jpg

Oh look - Bannan and REACH running the show in yet another win to get yet another three points for our club

Dont go overboard mate,Bournmouth were hardly top class,its when said players do it consistently,and produce(ditto JR) that i reckon you would be entitled to crow a bit....If they were that good,we wouldnt be where we are would we?

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 14.01.11.jpg

Oh look - Bannan and REACH running the show in yet another win to get yet another three points for our club

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Dont go overboard mate,Bournmouth were hardly top class,its when said players do it consistently,and produce(ditto JR) that i reckon you would be entitled to crow a bit....If they were that good,we wouldnt be where we are would we?

Not doing it consistently?

They've been done it for half a decade

Do me a favour - take out all the direct goal contributions of Bannan and Reach and tell me how many points we’d have...

I’ll even let you forget goals like last night where they were involved

Just goals and assists.

10 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Not doing it consistently?

They've been done it for half a decade

Do me a favour - take out all the direct goal contributions of Bannan and Reach and tell me how many points we’d have...

I’ll even let you forget goals like last night where they were involved

Just goals and assists.

I dont think your seeing my point mate,.....both are up for contract renewal,& both have Q marks against consistency,in recent seasons..including this one(BB free kicks & corners as an example).

You dont agree i see that,thats the way of it,to me they represent the past,& we need to be looking for the next BB & reach moving forward.

1 minute ago, parajack said:

I dont think your seeing my point mate,.....both are up for contract renewal,& both have Q marks against consistency,in recent seasons..including this one(BB free kicks & corners as an example).

You dont agree i see that,thats the way of it,to me they represent the past,& we need to be looking for the next BB & reach moving forward.

Bannan has literally been playing at the same level of performance for foooooking years - we may as well call him Consistent Barry

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, parajack said:

The answer is 13 points btw

Nearly 50% of our total is from them directly 

Edited by McRightSide
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Bannan has literally been playing at the same level of performance for foooooking years - we may as well call him Consistent Barry

BB never had any bad games? never drops back too deep? never takes poor corners & free kicks?....is consistently effective every game? You agree with all those statements?  

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 14.23.07.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday with Adam Reach in the starting lineup

Totally agree,he is one of a group of players we need to move on,& replace but replace with players of equal(or better) ability.Sadly we seem unable to identify and develop players to that level,but buy those developed by others(who tend to cost a lot,& come with big wage demands)

I believe that if we re contract TL,BB,WW, & SH on current form together with Reach,it would buy us some time next season to turn around our side,but would they agree to much reduced deals,a one year contract? Would be a disaster to re contract them, for example and see them injured...and just a wage drain..

We just cant go down that path again,same with JR

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Totally agree,he is one of a group of players we need to move on,& replace but replace with players of equal(or better) ability.Sadly we seem unable to identify and develop players to that level,but buy those developed by others(who tend to cost a lot,& come with big wage demands)

I believe that if we re contract TL,BB,WW, & SH on current form together with Reach,it would buy us some time next season to turn around our side,but would they agree to much reduced deals,a one year contract? Would be a disaster to re contract them, for example and see them injured...and just a wage drain..

We just cant go down that path again,same with JR

I think most championship players will need to get used to reduced wages for the time being.

Just now, Emilianenko said:

I think most championship players will need to get used to reduced wages for the time being.

You would have thought so,but as we know football is a strange set up,and i dont doubt they will still be sill money out there,for those chasing the PL dream(which usually turns into a nightmare,very quickly....)

Its up to our set up now,to refuse to pay to compete with those...