Adam Reach

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

With Adam Reach it's not about a lack of talent or ability it's something else that he's missing.

A moral compass? 

He's one of our highest earners! He doesn't look bothered in most games. He just loiters and seems demotivated. 

I earn a fraction of what Reach does. But my contact is with my employer (an NHS trust) and they can deploy me anywhere in the service according to need. I don't kick up a stink or work less hard when a different part of the service requires my skill set. 

Being asked to play football in a different position isn't exactly like having to work a different shift pattern at a different location 9 miles further away in the middle of a pandemic is it! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Yes one pass makes up for him constantly giving the ball away, failing to make a tackle and consistently neshing it.

And one headed goal makes Rhodes the next Harry Kane ?

I thought Reach had a much improved performance tonight and I thought Harris Did well after being average lately .

All three contributed to the goal as did Massimo

42 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Offered nothing again tonight. Sorry to be a negative nelly after a great win but he’s been poor for a few games now. Needs benching.

Who would you have started tonight in CM?

Bearing in mind Luongo isn’t fit.

• Like 1

Didn't have the best game in regards to first touch or passing but did provide a good pass to Harris  in the build up to the goal and gave us some someone willing to run with the ball when we needed to run it out of our half.

Truth is that Hes a one footed winger/wingback playing in central midfield. Not his natural game so he was never gonna have a worldy. Right now though, hes probably better there than a Half fit Luongo. He played his part in the win tonight, just as Pelupessey and Kachunga did and the win is all that ultimately matters.

Edited by OwlinOldham
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

A moral compass? 

He's one of our highest earners! He doesn't look bothered in most games. He just loiters and seems demotivated. 

I earn a fraction of what Reach does. But my contact is with my employer (an NHS trust) and they can deploy me anywhere in the service according to need. I don't kick up a stink or work less hard when a different part of the service requires my skill set. 

Being asked to play football in a different position isn't exactly like having to work a different shift pattern at a different location 9 miles further away in the middle of a pandemic is it! 

He doesn't kick up a stink though, quite the opposite, he just gets on with it.

I imagine if you were a porter and were asked to work as a surgeon you wouldn't be as effective.

• Like 2

Guest mrbluesky
6 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Offered nothing again tonight. Sorry to be a negative nelly after a great win but he’s been poor for a few games now. Needs benching.

Don't worry what other people say, Nelly.

Thought he was lazy on Saturday and whilst I thought he was better first half against Bournemouth second have he went missing again.

The only player not putting in a shift for the 90 minutes last two matches.

Hes out of contract at end of season and clearly not going to stay.

I also don't see where he's meant to be playing, its almost like he's playing wide right of a 3-4-3 but Kachunga wasn't playign wide left but down the center.

I'd rather Luongo play and have 3 central midfilders to try and keep the ball better and make us more solid!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hugeowl said:

And one headed goal makes Rhodes the next Harry Kane ?

I thought Reach had a much improved performance tonight and I thought Harris Did well after being average lately .

All three contributed to the goal as did Massimo

Hey up stalker.  Nobody is claiming Rhodes is the next Harry Kane are they?

But he’s probably the best option at the club to play up front.

7 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Yes one pass makes up for him constantly giving the ball away, failing to make a tackle and consistently neshing it.

Higher pass accuracy than Bannan, three key passes to Bannans one. One tackle tackle more than Joey, more dribbles with ball than Joey and Bannan combined. Scored higher rating than Joey and Bannan....https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1487548/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-2020-2021-Bournemouth-Sheffield-Wednesday

But who needs stats. Your eyes tell you all you need to know I guess. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Higher pass accuracy than Bannan, three key passes to Bannans one. One tackle tackle more than Joey, more dribbles with ball than Joey and Bannan combined. Scored higher rating than Joey and Bannan....https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1487548/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-2020-2021-Bournemouth-Sheffield-Wednesday

But who needs stats. Your eyes tell you all you need to know I guess. 

Do the stats show him neshing out of every header, failing to press, and constantly playing the ball into touch?

But they do show he dribbled the ball more than our defensive midfielder.😂

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

Do the stats show him neshing out of every header, failing to press, and constantly playing the ball into touch?

But they do show he dribbled the ball more than our defensive midfielder.😂

An unbiased stats site rated him the highest CM on the pitch last night out of 6 players, one who scored and one who used to be the an England regular. 

But his own supporters can’t see that. Must be the unbiased bit that makes them objective I suppose. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

It's a tough one. He's not playing the best and probably should be replaced but he out of contact and i think the club will try and keep him happy until he decides his future. If they just drop him there's a 100% chance he'll not sign

IMO Reach is one who will definitely leave. His highlights reel will get him a move to a good club who’ll pay him more than we can offer (and on time) and he’ll be played in his preferred position.

Terrific player.

I thought he was below par tonight. When we were bringing 3 subs on I thought Reach should have been hooked. Looked out on his feet. Lo and behold he was at his best in the last 10 minutes, getting us up the field several times to ease the pressure.

Even below his best he’s one of our best players. 

I still think he should be wide left, though at least we’ve put a left-footer there in Penney.

• Like 2