SoS - Southern Owls Supporters (aka South West Owls)

Guest Pickle66

Guest Phil V1

Phil V1? :cool:

It's looking like I'll be in there, yeah. From about 12:30 I'd think.

Unless they're not showing the Arsenal vs Man Utd game and then my Man Utd supporting mate may be forcing us to look for an alternate pub.

I am hoping to be able to talk him out of that though - heading further away from the ground just seems daft ...

Guest Briscoe Inferno

How will we know it's you Briscoe? Will you be wearing a chicken suit? :biggrin:

:laugh::laugh:

what a great day that was....

were you with the Wednesdayites by the window....we got there abit late:-(

Guest Briscoe Inferno

He'll have loads of pasties on him, one or two marked 'KELLY'.

Soooorrrrrry - I ate them all.... :blush:

How selfish............ :laugh:

They had two vans parked outside the Brittania.....no gravy in sight.

They're still sitting a bit heavy now :blink:

Guest Phil V1

:laugh:

Ah but talented amateurs non the less :happy:

Philistine you :laugh:

Sorry to torment you with more talk of pasties that you haven't got Kel but I had an excellent one in a pub before the match on Saturday too.

Our visit to the Britannia lasted all of about a minute and then my Man Utd supporting mate forced us to leave in search of somewhere to watch SKY Sports. We ended up in the "Pennycomequick" on the other side of Central Park which is where they were selling these pasties for only 1.50. Ideal!

Amusingly they weren't showing the Arsenal vs Man Utd game either but my mate's girlfriend flatly refused to walk any further so we stayed there until about 2pm.

Beer + pasty + Wednesday win + curry in the evening = a great day all round for me!

Roll on next year ...

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Sorry to torment you with more talk of pasties that you haven't got Kel but I had an excellent one in a pub before the match on Saturday too.

Our visit to the Britannia lasted all of about a minute and then my Man Utd supporting mate forced us to leave in search of somewhere to watch SKY Sports. We ended up in the "Pennycomequick" on the other side of Central Park which is where they were selling these pasties for only 1.50. Ideal!

Amusingly they weren't showing the Arsenal vs Man Utd game either but my mate's girlfriend flatly refused to walk any further so we stayed there until about 2pm.

Beer + pasty + Wednesday win + curry in the evening = a great day all round for me!

Roll on next year ...

:biggrin: Dead right mate.

I must admit when the bouncers on the door said "take yer cap off for the cameras" i thought twice.....

£1.50......I've always said money can't buy you taste :laugh:

I suspect Kel won't listen tho' :happy:

Guest Phil V1

:biggrin: Dead right mate.

I must admit when the bouncers on the door said "take yer cap off for the cameras" i thought twice.....

£1.50......I've always said money can't buy you taste :laugh:

I suspect Kel won't listen tho' :happy:

Ha ha, yeah, I was told to take my baseball cap off by the Britannia bouncers too. They had 4 on duty - 2 on each door!

They must've been expecting trouble, did anyone actually see any though?

I wasn't in there long enough to read the labels on the beer taps let alone see a fight!

The landlady in the Pennycomequick seemed very nice, gave us quite the sales pitch for the pasties "they're very nice, we get them from a local bakery, they're very popular". Totally unnecessary really, I'd already decided I was having one as soon as I saw the sign at the end of the bar!

Guest dee eye can e oh

:laugh::laugh:

what a great day that was....

were you with the Wednesdayites by the window....we got there abit late:-(

No - I couldn't make it in the end. I was sick. Only just starting to feel better. Am sick

too that the Owls did a grand job and I wasn't there to see it.

How was it for you?

Guest Briscoe Inferno

No - I couldn't make it in the end. I was sick. Only just starting to feel better. Am sick

too that the Owls did a grand job and I wasn't there to see it.

How was it for you?

I love my wednesday away days i do...especially when there on yer doorstep :biggrin: - check out the 'just got back' thread in the matchday section..... :cool:

Get well soon...pasty too many? :ph34r:

Edited by Briscoe Inferno