SoS - Southern Owls Supporters (aka South West Owls)

Guest Pickle66

Guest bristolowl

HI MattSorry, knew it began with T - least i got that right lolTrain leaves 0933 saturday morning, quick change at Taunton and arrive Plymouth 1145ish.Cost if you do a wsm to plymouth is 40quid, but if you do a return to taunton its £5.40/5.80 can never remember and a return taunton to plymouth its £14, so total £19.40/80 (don't ask). It was cheaper to do two singles wsm-plymouth too, but not as cheap as doing it this way and plus these two are walk on fares, so no need to re book.If you are coming Matt, then i also get free 1st class upgrade so let me knowGod knows why they don't do a much cheaper return from here but as you know i am the train bargain hunter lol.Bristol Owl, your mate might find its cheaper to do the same rather than an expensive return from bristol direct, unless there are bargains?

hi sorry we didnt meet, went to plymuff on the 0915 dep from bristol (i got on at newton abbot) 11 20 ish arrival at plymouth , the penny was not open so went up to the brit.we work for railway so it was free , and we sat in 1st class.i know at least 5 owls in bristol/bath , seen/met more tho. dont know if any of em was at Bris tho.

Guest Pickle66

hiya you got the same train as me, i picked it up at Taunton. Got to the PCQ and stood outside for 20mins til they opened, had a pint and a Pastie lol. Matt and his future b-i-l came in, so had another drink and then went into town to find a pub with Sky Sports, saw some of the Utd game. Got the 6pm back from Plymouth, a few London Owls on that one. Was a good laugh on the way home Enjoyed the game, great battling performance and a victory well deserved.

Guest Pickle66

Train Engineering Works weekend of 23rd SeptemberFor anyone planning on train travel from South West areas via Bristol and Birmingham you might want to re think especially if you were looking to stay over until Sunday. Just checked out the return Sheff to Bristol on the sunday, and it sends me to stockport, then to newport then to bristol so nearly 6hrs travel!!!!! Not sure what other areas have engineering works but there seem to be lots planned for that weekend.

Guest Pickle66

Grovel TimeAnyone travelling back to the south west after the game on 23rd or on the sunday who would welcome a passenger? Don't mind contributing to fuel costs in the slightest.Trains are to put, to get to Bristol either got to go to stockport then wales, or via London both of which result in over 6 hrs travel!!!! I can get up to sheffield no problem on the Friday its the saturday and sunday that are the issue.Failing that i could book a flight from Manchester!!!!Many thanksKaren

Grovel TimeAnyone travelling back to the south west after the game on 23rd or on the sunday who would welcome a passenger? Don't mind contributing to fuel costs in the slightest.Trains are to put, to get to Bristol either got to go to stockport then wales, or via London both of which result in over 6 hrs travel!!!! I can get up to sheffield no problem on the Friday its the saturday and sunday that are the issue.Failing that i could book a flight from Manchester!!!!Many thanksKaren

why not just walk ?

Guest Pickle66

why not just walk ?

Great idea Jon why not join me lolNah am sure you would use your car to get from the pet shop to the cafe if it wasn't for the fact it IS a one way street rofl Edited by Pickle66

Great idea Jon why not join me lolNah am sure you would use your car to get from the pet shop to the cafe if it wasn't for the fact it IS a one way street rofl

have you never heard of reverse gear ? saves me burning any extra energy ! :tongue:

Guest Pickle66

Well i am going up for the game, so season ticket not totally going to waste just yet but 6 hlf hours to get back will be rivetting. Seems the train engineering works are like that up to and if not past December, so fun and games coming to the SW on a saturday and sunday from Birmingham onwards!!!The things i do for this blumin footie club lolAnyone else going? I think i may even go to the Wednesdayite lounge for the first time this season :tongue:

Guest Infamouszigg

Is anyone going up for the Barnsley Game?

Well as you became an honary Midland Owl (if only for a week),I thought I'd join in to help your quest to get up for the Barnsley game.So here goesFellow exiled OwlsThose of you residing in the south west can't anyone of you help our Pickle out to the Barnsley game?Contributing to fuel costs, a fellow travelling Owl to discuss the pros and cons of all things Wednesday both there and back (or not if the case maybe)The Wednesdayite lounge beckons with the potential of a free beer!Tempted? Come on, its Barnsley, local derby, passion, atmosphere, you never now, may be a home win!Come on, what else are you going to do that weekend more important than this?A call to arms,To the Owls in blue,South West army,Its up to you.Infamous 'Z'Midlands Division,Owls in ExileLivin' the dreamFor one team.

Guest Pickle66

Well as you became an honary Midland Owl (if only for a week),I thought I'd join in to help your quest to get up for the Barnsley game.So here goesFellow exiled OwlsThose of you residing in the south west can't anyone of you help our Pickle out to the Barnsley game?Contributing to fuel costs, a fellow travelling Owl to discuss the pros and cons of all things Wednesday both there and back (or not if the case maybe)The Wednesdayite lounge beckons with the potential of a free beer!Tempted? Come on, its Barnsley, local derby, passion, atmosphere, you never now, may be a home win!Come on, what else are you going to do that weekend more important than this?A call to arms,To the Owls in blue,South West army,Its up to you.Infamous 'Z'Midlands Division,Owls in ExileLivin' the dreamFor one team.

aaah bless, thank you Zig. I am ok I have tickets will travel, just the horrendous 5 and hlf hours to get home to look forward to lol Thank you for your support though. I will be there at the Barnsley game, but have decided against Wolves due to the trains. Am not going up to Sheffield for the QPR match either as I need a weekend at home. Am off to Amsterdam in 2 hrs, so I suppose i better get my arse in gear and get to the airportHave a great weekendSee you in the lounge on the 14thK

Guest Infamouszigg

aaah bless, thank you Zig. I am ok I have tickets will travel, just the horrendous 5 and hlf hours to get home to look forward to lol Thank you for your support though. I will be there at the Barnsley game, but have decided against Wolves due to the trains. Am not going up to Sheffield for the QPR match either as I need a weekend at home. Am off to Amsterdam in 2 hrs, so I suppose i better get my arse in gear and get to the airportHave a great weekendSee you in the lounge on the 14thK

Allpart of the service :bigemo_harabe_net-167:

Guest Nutters

Noooooooooo, re thinks wednesdayite lounge idea...*breaths a sigh of reliefe for wolves game* :DEnjoy Hamsterdam...

Guest Pickle66

Calling all fellow SoS members

Meet up with fellow Owls supporters for a good night of banter, and maybe even a few sandwiches you never know your luck.

So if you are Bristol/North Somerset based, or even fancy making the journey over, then meet us on Wednesday 1st November at 7pm in

the java lounge

38-40 orchard street

weston super mare

bs23 1rh

You will get the privelage of meeting your new owlstalk owner JON, what could be more enticing than that.

Hope to see you all there, but please PM or post on here for directions, etc which gives me an idea if anyone apart from us WSM based lot will turn up. You don't need to post on Owlstalk or other sites to come along, so if you know anyone in the area, please let them know about this meet.

UP THE OWLS :clap2: :clap2:

Cheers Jon for letting me use the Cafe

Karen aka Pickle66

Edited by Pickle66

Guest Pickle66

Calling all fellow SoS members

Meet up with fellow Owls supporters for a good night of banter, and maybe even a few sandwiches you never know your luck.

So if you are Bristol/North Somerset based, or even fancy making the journey over, then meet us on Wednesday 1st November at 7pm in

the java lounge

38-40 orchard street

weston super mare

bs23 1rh

You will get the privelage of meeting your new owlstalk owner JON, what could be more enticing than that.

Hope to see you all there, but please PM or post on here for directions, etc which gives me an idea if anyone apart from us WSM based lot will turn up. You don't need to post on Owlstalk or other sites to come along, so if you know anyone in the area, please let them know about this meet.

UP THE OWLS :clap2: :clap2:

Cheers Jon for letting me use the Cafe

Karen aka Pickle66

Anyone coming along ?

Guest Pickle66

would have liked to have come down to have a beer or two but a long way after work and to travel back

Cheers. you would have been welcome :biggrin: Doesn't look like anyone interested anyhow

Guest nunowl6

sorry to hear that you havent had much intrest but keep up the good work in nuneaton we are having to breed up here to get the support lol

Guest Pickle66

sorry to hear that you havent had much intrest but keep up the good work in nuneaton we are having to breed up here to get the support lol

hehe remind me not to stay in Nuneaton too long then lol......

Guest crowbarr

hehe remind me not to stay in Nuneaton too long then lol......

well when you are in nuneaton you will be classed as a nuneaton owl anyway for the day.And with that all the fringe benefits that comes with it lol