SoS - Southern Owls Supporters (aka South West Owls)

Guest Pickle66

Guest NicktheOwl

Thanks Karen. Yeh I know two Owls in this area and know of several more, glad to say I've yet to meet a United fan!I to am aiming to go to Plymouth as it's one of the few local away trips I've been able to attend in the past few seasons, it's about a 1-2 hour trip for me also depending on traffic, depending on the availabilty of tickets. Failing that I'm trying to get upto Hillsborough for the L**ds game, would love it but it depends on several factors, if not at least it will be on sky.How far is it for you to home matches from W-S-M??

Guest Pickle66

Thanks Karen. Yeh I know two Owls in this area and know of several more, glad to say I've yet to meet a United fan!

I to am aiming to go to Plymouth as it's one of the few local away trips I've been able to attend in the past few seasons, it's about a 1-2 hour trip for me also depending on traffic, depending on the availabilty of tickets. Failing that I'm trying to get upto Hillsborough for the L**ds game, would love it but it depends on several factors, if not at least it will be on sky.

How far is it for you to home matches from W-S-M??

Hiya

3- 3 hlf hours travelling to home games, but furthest i travelled to games was from Luxembourg where i worked for a while! Didn't have a season ticket then but still made it to about 12 games that season so not bad going.

I try really hard not to go but can't help it lol, and now my 7 yr old nephew is hooked and he sits with me.

Am getting tickets for the plymouth game tonight.

Won't be at the leeds game as going to Cardiff for the Cooperfields festival - live gigs and stuff on the saturday, but as the game is 1.15 kick off can't see me getting up to sheffield in time on the sunday.

Hope we play a good game tonight, and get the 3 points

Up the OWLS

Guest southern fairy

Thanks Karen. Yeh I know two Owls in this area and know of several more, glad to say I've yet to meet a United fan!I to am aiming to go to Plymouth as it's one of the few local away trips I've been able to attend in the past few seasons, it's about a 1-2 hour trip for me also depending on traffic, depending on the availabilty of tickets. Failing that I'm trying to get upto Hillsborough for the L**ds game, would love it but it depends on several factors, if not at least it will be on sky.How far is it for you to home matches from W-S-M??

Where abouts in Dorset?

Guest NicktheOwl

Where abouts in Dorset?

About 10 mins away from county town of Dorchester. Not too far from Weymouth or Bournemouth either. Where are you from?

Where abouts in Dorset?

P.S Why?

Guest Pickle66

think Southern Fairy is in Bournemouth, but may have got them confused.... apologies SF if i haveAnyone going to Plymouth on saturday, and fancies meeting up let me know

Guest united we (can't) STAND

think Southern Fairy is in Bournemouth, but may have got them confused.... apologies SF if i haveAnyone going to Plymouth on saturday, and fancies meeting up let me know

Come on then Karen whats your feelings so far this season? What i've heard we are holding our own in the circumstances, but i'm concerned confidence my start to slip before/if the injury situation improves. Do we look better than this time last year in terms of plymouth away on the horizon? Whats the ticket situation like for saturday? you never know!!!!!!!!!!! :bigemo_harabe_net-59:

Guest Pickle66

HiyaYou won't go lol. There are tickets left though so get on that phone............I am pretty impressed with the play and determination so far. The end product, getting that ball in the back of the blumin net seems more frustrating just now, because we are playing well. I am still stunned at losing to Luton. Their goal came from nothing imo, and we deserved something out of it.If it carries on, its going to be painful, getting draws or just losing by a stupid goal isn't going to do much for anyones confidence, or supporters nerves.Am sure when people are back from injury and suspension things will look much brighter, at least we will hopefully have a choice of players which when there is competition for places, is always a healthy place to be.I am not moaning about any individual perfomances too early for that, I take heart from what i have seen so far, and looking forward to a good performance against Plymouth, whose flying start means nothing this early on in the season.Get your arse down there mate, I will buy lunch lol

HiyaYou won't go lol. There are tickets left though so get on that phone............I am pretty impressed with the play and determination so far. The end product, getting that ball in the back of the blumin net seems more frustrating just now, because we are playing well. I am still stunned at losing to Luton. Their goal came from nothing imo, and we deserved something out of it.If it carries on, its going to be painful, getting draws or just losing by a stupid goal isn't going to do much for anyones confidence, or supporters nerves.Am sure when people are back from injury and suspension things will look much brighter, at least we will hopefully have a choice of players which when there is competition for places, is always a healthy place to be.I am not moaning about any individual perfomances too early for that, I take heart from what i have seen so far, and looking forward to a good performance against Plymouth, whose flying start means nothing this early on in the season.Get your arse down there mate, I will buy lunch lol

Luton are flying, Burnley are flying and now Plymouth are flying! Always our luck to hit teams bang on form! You watch come one month all three won't be able to win for toffee.Like i said to me this game is about confidence its far easier to play your natural game knowing that you beat a team last week that beat the opposition in front of you. You know you match them and going a goal behind isn't a problem. But if your struggling with confidence then 1-0 may as well be 10-0 because all you think is you can't afford to concede another. Look at Norwich at the weekend, when did we last come back from 2-0 down?Anyway now thats of my chest, glad to see optimism from your post because i know you would say if you thought we were doomed.As for saturday i'm meant to be paintballing with work but i'm looking for the excuse book, the best one i got is "look Wednesday only come dowm here twice a year (cardiff being the other) so shove that gun up your a#se and pull the trigger!" What do you reckon? Perhaps "i've got a cold boss" on friday morning might be better? :bigemo_harabe_net-103: Edited by united we (can't) STAND

Guest NicktheOwl

think Southern Fairy is in Bournemouth

Oh right, fair enough, glad to know the Owls are a dominant force down in Dorset :clap2: :laugh: (but not sure if Bournemouth is technically considered part of Dorset anymore, I get confused??). Bournemouth is one of the few games, let alone away games, that I have been able to go to in the last few seasons, loved the 1-1 couple of seasons ago when Heckingbottom got a late equaliser (you go Southern Fairy?). Another of the few away matches I get to go to is Plymouth and this would have been no problem on a normal Saturday as I would work 2 hours in the morning, finished by 9-30 and be off to the match but some brightspark has decided this coming weekend, of all weekends, we'll be doing an 8 hour shift both Saturday and Sunday! :doh: :cry: :protest: So Wednesday World for me again, sucks bigtime. I wish all those going a decent afternoon concluded by taking 3 points back to S6 along with a bagful of goals, nothing less will be tolerated!Nick

Guest Pickle66

Oh right, fair enough, glad to know the Owls are a dominant force down in Dorset :clap2: :laugh: (but not sure if Bournemouth is technically considered part of Dorset anymore, I get confused??). Bournemouth is one of the few games, let alone away games, that I have been able to go to in the last few seasons, loved the 1-1 couple of seasons ago when Heckingbottom got a late equaliser (you go Southern Fairy?). Another of the few away matches I get to go to is Plymouth and this would have been no problem on a normal Saturday as I would work 2 hours in the morning, finished by 9-30 and be off to the match but some brightspark has decided this coming weekend, of all weekends, we'll be doing an 8 hour shift both Saturday and Sunday! :doh: :cry: :protest: So Wednesday World for me again, sucks bigtime. I wish all those going a decent afternoon concluded by taking 3 points back to S6 along with a bagful of goals, nothing less will be tolerated!Nick

That would be a brilliant result thats for sure :clap2: I have my ticket now need to summon up the energy and get there lol

Luton are flying, Burnley are flying and now Plymouth are flying! Always our luck to hit teams bang on form! You watch come one month all three won't be able to win for toffee.Like i said to me this game is about confidence its far easier to play your natural game knowing that you beat a team last week that beat the opposition in front of you. You know you match them and going a goal behind isn't a problem. But if your struggling with confidence then 1-0 may as well be 10-0 because all you think is you can't afford to concede another. Look at Norwich at the weekend, when did we last come back from 2-0 down?Anyway now thats of my chest, glad to see optimism from your post because i know you would say if you thought we were doomed.As for saturday i'm meant to be paintballing with work but i'm looking for the excuse book, the best one i got is "look Wednesday only come dowm here twice a year (cardiff being the other) so shove that gun up your a#se and pull the trigger!" What do you reckon? Perhaps "i've got a cold boss" on friday morning might be better? :bigemo_harabe_net-103:

Pah, paintballing...... you will get covered in bruises and throw the toys out the pram cos you will be splattered constantly....You know you want to go, cos if you didn't you wouldn't have posted on here lolYou going or what..... i need to book my train ticket otherwise hehe - now that's a reason to get your arse in gear matey.Anyhow who am i going to sit in that great awful pub with if you don't go, though think should try the one we never went to cos microwaved burger and no cutlery isn't my idea of lunch in a Wetherspoons lol.... want the atmosphere we got at Watford I am full of confidence even if others aren't..... we are sure to get a result agains Plymouth can just feel it in my bones

Guest Pickle66

got our tickets three of us going down , probably use pennycomequick pub at bottom of hill from station.

Ditto, London Owls meet up in there too.So Bristol Owl are you travelling by train, if so what time as could meet you guys/gals on it, as I will be getting the train from Weston and picking it up at Taunton

Hiya

You won't go lol. There are tickets left though so get on that phone............

I am pretty impressed with the play and determination so far. The end product, getting that ball in the back of the blumin net seems more frustrating just now, because we are playing well. I am still stunned at losing to Luton. Their goal came from nothing imo, and we deserved something out of it.

If it carries on, its going to be painful, getting draws or just losing by a stupid goal isn't going to do much for anyones confidence, or supporters nerves.

Am sure when people are back from injury and suspension things will look much brighter, at least we will hopefully have a choice of players which when there is competition for places, is always a healthy place to be.

I am not moaning about any individual perfomances too early for that, I take heart from what i have seen so far, and looking forward to a good performance against Plymouth, whose flying start means nothing this early on in the season.

Alright mate, book the train because i'm still waiting on the brother-in-law on whether he's come or not. I think it will be a Saturday morning thing, according to the club tickets are available on the day.

STUFF that pants pub again if i remember rightly there are signs up saying, no hats, no food and NO SINGING allowed! Totally different to Watford where you may as well sing because you can't hear a word anyone said! Penny whats it's face i think this year! (if we make it!)

If i don't make it (which i'm sure will gut you all) have a cracking day. IF I do make it i see you at the bar!

UP THE OWLS!!

Guest Pickle66

HIya MattLet me know if you are going, you still got my mobile? Going to go to the PennyComeQuick by the train station, which is where we shoulda gone last season hehe, but then again we 4 SoS's had a good time, despite the food :-)Yep you can pay on the day...... brother in law, did you get married lol or you mean b-i-l to be?hope all is well with Tina too, am sure you must be really excited but nervous

Guest bristolowl

Ditto, London Owls meet up in there too.So Bristol Owl are you travelling by train, if so what time as could meet you guys/gals on it, as I will be getting the train from Weston and picking it up at Taunton

will be staying in Newton Abbot friday nite . my mate will be travelling down from brizol tho.let you know time later this week

HIya MattLet me know if you are going, you still got my mobile? Going to go to the PennyComeQuick by the train station, which is where we shoulda gone last season hehe, but then again we 4 SoS's had a good time, despite the food :-)Yep you can pay on the day...... brother in law, did you get married lol or you mean b-i-l to be?hope all is well with Tina too, am sure you must be really excited but nervous

Trudy! Is doing fine thanks, nervous? Never, just a stroll in the park, yeah right! :cry: Married! come on one thing at a time! :sad: What time does your train arrive in plymouth? In fact what time does it leave WSM and how much? I wonder if wednesdayite are running a coach to this one? They could pull in at weston and give us a lift :biggrin: I will say it's looking good for saturday we've just a tiny problem of telling the missus's!

will be staying in Newton Abbot friday nite . my mate will be travelling down from brizol tho.let you know time later this week

So where abouts in Bristol you boys from? Edited by united we (can't) STAND

Guest bristolowl

Trudy! Is doing fine thanks, nervous? Never, just a stroll in the park, yeah right! :cry: Married! come on one thing at a time! :sad: What time does your train arrive in plymouth? In fact what time does it leave WSM and how much? I wonder if wednesdayite are running a coach to this one? They could pull in at weston and give us a lift :biggrin: I will say it's looking good for saturday we've just a tiny problem of telling the missus's!So where abouts in Bristol you boys from?

st george, long ashton, totterdown, bradley stoke. i've got owls black away shirt with 37 on. cya down south! Edited by bristolowl

st george, long ashton, totterdown, bradley stoke. i've got owls black away shirt with 37 on. cya down south!

I know Bristol is a big city but the only other time i've seen a wednesday fan was @ pro five in Brislington any of you boys?

Guest Pickle66

HI MattSorry, knew it began with T - least i got that right lolTrain leaves 0933 saturday morning, quick change at Taunton and arrive Plymouth 1145ish.Cost if you do a wsm to plymouth is 40quid, but if you do a return to taunton its £5.40/5.80 can never remember and a return taunton to plymouth its £14, so total £19.40/80 (don't ask). It was cheaper to do two singles wsm-plymouth too, but not as cheap as doing it this way and plus these two are walk on fares, so no need to re book.If you are coming Matt, then i also get free 1st class upgrade so let me knowGod knows why they don't do a much cheaper return from here but as you know i am the train bargain hunter lol.Bristol Owl, your mate might find its cheaper to do the same rather than an expensive return from bristol direct, unless there are bargains?