SoS - Southern Owls Supporters (aka South West Owls)

Guest Pickle66

Guest Pickle66

Hello All

Having been somewhat in exile myself, working in Reading for 5 months has been a strange one, in 3 weeks time i will be back to living in WSM and working (I hope) Bristol area.

Seems such an age since i was on here, and also despite people showing an interest my plan to get a Southern Owls Supporters Group off the ground didn't go according to plan :-) Well I am never defeated, so a new season equals a new attempt to at least not end up going to matches on my own.

I renewed my season ticket along with the terror's (my nephew who will be the grand old age of 9 soon, how time flies). We are looking forward to sitting in our regular place up in the Grandstand, though if I had my way I would be on the KOP, but not until they ban the smoking lol.

Now is the time to hopefully get to meet up with a few people at away games, and what better one for this area to kick off with than, Plymouth away on Saturday 19th August. Let me know if you are interested in meeting......

UP THE OWLS and here's to a great start to the 2006/07 campaign.

Karen

Guest Pickle66

Cheers for that statement lol..... been going in the Cafe too when I am about. Might go elsewhere now lol

How's life with the little one, hope you are getting some sleep now, though in this weather probably not.

Can't wait for the new season to start woo hoo bring em on

Hello All

Having been somewhat in exile myself, working in Reading for 5 months has been a strange one, in 3 weeks time i will be back to living in WSM and working (I hope) Bristol area.

Seems such an age since i was on here, and also despite people showing an interest my plan to get a Southern Owls Supporters Group off the ground didn't go according to plan :-) Well I am never defeated, so a new season equals a new attempt to at least not end up going to matches on my own.

I renewed my season ticket along with the terror's (my nephew who will be the grand old age of 9 soon, how time flies). We are looking forward to sitting in our regular place up in the Grandstand, though if I had my way I would be on the KOP, but not until they ban the smoking lol.

Now is the time to hopefully get to meet up with a few people at away games, and what better one for this area to kick off with than, Plymouth away on Saturday 19th August. Let me know if you are interested in meeting......

UP THE OWLS and here's to a great start to the 2006/07 campaign.

Karen

Hi Pickle, I would be interested in starting this with you. Not sure how close I am to you or the rest as I live in Banbury (Nr Oxford). I have always wanted some sort of supporters group to go to games with as the 127.6 mile journy to Hillsborough does get a bit lonely when I havent got anyone to go with!

To be honest, banbury isnt really south but it is south of Sheffield so hopefully I can be a part and help in the creation of SOS!!! http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Guest united we (can't) STAND

Good luck with this again Karen, I will keep a keen eye on from a distance but my participation has been relatively low of late and is certainly grounded now as we are expecting a baby owl! Fellow founder member Nick has finally found inner piece in an mongolian monestry, appartently his views and opinions aren't that radical in the far-east. Seriously though, all you southern flying owls should get involved with this even if it is just to keep in contact, Karen tried every angle last season to get interest and arrange things. So come follow the midland owls and start a roll of honour. United we (can't) STAND Weston-Super-Mare

Good luck with this again Karen, I will keep a keen eye on from a distance but my participation has been relatively low of late and is certainly grounded now as we are expecting a baby owl! Fellow founder member Nick has finally found inner piece in an mongolian monestry, appartently his views and opinions aren't that radical in the far-east.

Seriously though, all you southern flying owls should get involved with this even if it is just to keep in contact, Karen tried every angle last season to get interest and arrange things. So come follow the midland owls and start a roll of honour.

United we (can't) STAND Weston-Super-Mare

where abouts in weston you too mate ?

Cheers for that statement lol..... been going in the Cafe too when I am about. Might go elsewhere now lol

How's life with the little one, hope you are getting some sleep now, though in this weather probably not.

Can't wait for the new season to start woo hoo bring em on

oh aint seen you in ,

sleep is great i have got the little bugger well trained now. she will sleep right untill 8:00am ! how great is that !

where abouts in weston you too mate ?oh aint seen you in , sleep is great i have got the little bugger well trained now. she will sleep right untill 8:00am ! how great is that !

Weston village near morrisons, I work in avonmouth for Pet food distributor. What about you? R u a cider head?

im in the town i own a pet shop ! lol not a cider boy me im a larger man !

yeah, karen has mentioned that! Got a good supplier? Deal with L Batleys?

Hi Pickle, I would be interested in starting this with you. Not sure how close I am to you or the rest as I live in Banbury (Nr Oxford). I have always wanted some sort of supporters group to go to games with as the 127.6 mile journy to Hillsborough does get a bit lonely when I havent got anyone to go with! To be honest, banbury isnt really south but it is south of Sheffield so hopefully I can be a part and help in the creation of SOS!!! http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Sorry, just realised that I would be more suited to the Midlands Owls! :doh:

Sorry, just realised that I would be more suited to the Midlands Owls! :doh:

join both! i didn't think zigg or karen will mind

Guest Infamouszigg

join both! i didn't think zigg or karen will mind

Blimey,Don't post in the exile thread for a while and the place goes crazy.Would agree the Midlands Owls will welcome with open arms, as I'm sure will S.O.S.Like Karen, I have been trying to get a form of supporters club going, even if its just to meet up at or, for matches.Have met Karen (Wednesdayite lounge), Aston-on-Trent Owl & daughter Megs (now share lifts to Hillsborough) met up with the Nuneaton Owls and Hark Now Hear The Wednesday Sing (Tom) from Rugby, Higherstate (Nottingham)and his brother Mark also in Long Eaton also corresponded with other Owls in the Midlands via the site.Met Neil Hargreaves, Mitchell, Oliver, Jerimiah, Fraz, Victoria (Owlette), Plankbob, Smudge, and a few who I have forgotten at the Wednesdayite lounge / Chris Waddle night.Wednesdayism is a way of life,Once an OwlsAlways an Owl!!!!!W.T.I.D.If your exiled, a wednesdayite to the core, then your part of the team spreadin the word Keep it up my friend

Guest spacko

I am a Southern Owl, however, not from the south west, but the south east, therefore, if we are to categorise fans into geographical areas, then i will fit into the london owls (of which i am a member) as they don't only incorporate people in London, but also the South East.Would be nice to meet up with you all, but London is about as far as I will travel to west to meet other Wednesday fans. I play darts with the London Owls, which is a great laugh. Have any other Southern Owls contemplated joining them? They offer discounted train travel from St Pancras, and there are up to 20 of us that travel up for home games, which makes for a great atmosphere up there, and back again too!!!

Guest Pickle66

I am a Southern Owl, however, not from the south west, but the south east, therefore, if we are to categorise fans into geographical areas, then i will fit into the london owls (of which i am a member) as they don't only incorporate people in London, but also the South East.Would be nice to meet up with you all, but London is about as far as I will travel to west to meet other Wednesday fans. I play darts with the London Owls, which is a great laugh. Have any other Southern Owls contemplated joining them? They offer discounted train travel from St Pancras, and there are up to 20 of us that travel up for home games, which makes for a great atmosphere up there, and back again too!!!

Hiya, living in the SW London OWLS abit far, though the past 5 months i have been based in Reading during the week, but that ends next week (about time).Know a few London Owls anyhow, past and present, and my god mother was one of the people who set it up (sadly passed away a few years ago)Would be great to meet up with anyone either up at Hillsbro (though i have my nephew with me) and at Away games :-)

Good luck with this again Karen, I will keep a keen eye on from a distance but my participation has been relatively low of late and is certainly grounded now as we are expecting a baby owl! Fellow founder member Nick has finally found inner piece in an mongolian monestry, appartently his views and opinions aren't that radical in the far-east. Seriously though, all you southern flying owls should get involved with this even if it is just to keep in contact, Karen tried every angle last season to get interest and arrange things. So come follow the midland owls and start a roll of honour. United we (can't) STAND Weston-Super-Mare

Hi Matt, firstly congratulations to you and Tina (god i hope that's correct ) on the baby news, that is fantastic. There you were moaning about how cr$p life was in Weston back in November, we get back from a game and you go out with your mates, pull and the rest is history lolReally chuffed for you both though.You serious about NICK being in Mongolia or that a wind up!!!!Can't believe another season is just around the corner, where does time go? You not going to go to the Plymouth game then? I suppose the Supporters Club bit will never take off given geographically how wide spread the SW is, and then there are few interested people Basingstoke, Southampton and co (well from last year) but no one met up with us lol........ I am however going to get another newsletter out, and got a much better format for it I think, so will send you a copy (still on same email?) Cheers for responding and again CONGRATS on the great news

lol yeah we use them for some stuff , mainly a.e. james tho. what do you do there ?

I'm the deputy general manager and have a VITAL role, it's a shame you don't use the yorkshire grown company more. I'll have to pop a visit you, see if i can't do more business with you. Owlstalk the home of business!

I'm the deputy general manager and have a VITAL role, it's a shame you don't use the yorkshire grown company more. I'll have to pop a visit you, see if i can't do more business with you. Owlstalk the home of business!

so your quite high up then ? hummmmmm how can i use this to my advantage ! lol would use bats a lot more only we have had issues in the past (mainly when wundpets were there ) and also dont take this the wrong way but your drivers cant drive ! lol do you know where our shop is ?

Guest NicktheOwl

Hello all, seems like a decent place to start my first post on this site but judging by the last post I'm not sure when this reply will get read. I'm a Wednesdayite currently marooned in deepest, darkest Dorset (should qualify as South, South Westerly?!). Yet to meet any Owls in the area over the internet but I am by no means alone in the area, although as you'd expect being 250 miles to 'home' matches, meeting new Owls in the area happens once every millenium. This is why I thought this site, and thread, could be a good way to search out any close Owls and to be able to talk to people who know what being a Wednesdayite is all about! Anyways look forward to your replies. Forever WednesdayNick

Guest Pickle66

Welcome Nick, A great place to post indeed, although i sometimes think i am doing it alone lolThere are no doubt hundreds of owls in this neck of the woods, and would be nice to meet a few. I am a season ticket holder at Hillsbro but leave in W-S-M, and there are 3 other wednesdayites that i know of here, 2 post on here the other one probably doesn't know what a PC is!!!Am going to the Plymouth game on the 19th, not sure if anyone who posts in this section or has done in the past will be going along, but as its only an hr and half away, has to be done :-) Will you be going along.Karen