Hutch and westy

Guest Therealrealist

Guest Theboylangers

We would have lost that game under Monk.

We would have lost that game under Pulis.

Something has changed and I think it is that we've now got some players who have got some spine in the side. 

I think you can probably guess who I mean. 

lol

Just now, Theboylangers said:

We would have lost that game under Monk.

We would have lost that game under Pulis.

Something has changed and I think it is that we've now got some players who have got some spine in the side. 

I think you can probably guess who I mean. 

lol

RHODES

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Kagoshimaowl
57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

*ignores the part where Hutchinson gave away a stupid penalty*

True but he was excellent generally. 

11 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Hutch's tackle for the penalty 🤣 

I suppose that's what you get with him though, plays well for 99% of the game, then that 1% of the time when he gets the most random idea in his head and goes for the most bizarre of tackles.

Put two massive block in second half when they had breezed past Palmer and another time when Tom Lees was running in Treacle, otherwise clean shots on our goal. Westwood did well with the block when Lees ducked under the ball letting them in at the far post. 

But Both Westwood and Hutchinson are a class  above most of the other players in ability and in a lot of cases effort and desire.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, should know better said:

Put two massive block in second half when they had breezed past Palmer and another time when Tom Lees was running in Treacle, otherwise clean shots on our goal. Westwood did well with the block when Lees ducked under the ball letting them in at the far post. 

But Both Westwood and Hutchinson are a class  above most of the other players in ability and in a lot of cases effort and desire.

Palmer was shocking tonight..the commentators on Solent wer saying target him he’s crap

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, Therealrealist said:

Palmer was shocking tonight..the commentators on Solent wer saying target him he’s crap

Or words to that effect

44 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Both winners and leaders

This is such an important point.  Not only are they quality players but they bring leadership, organisation and a will to win, qualities that we are a bit short on in the rest of the squad. 

Hutchinson was great - but he had a mad 10 mins and made a mistake that cost us a goal and nearly the win.

I don’t buy into this nonsense about how it’s fine and excusable because he’s played 3 games in 7 days - sure, it’s great that he has and we’re far better with him in the side...but if he is fatigued to the level that he does that then he shouldn’t play.

Personally I don’t think it was, he just had a bad spell, but he’s a good player and strong minded so he was able to dig himself out and finish strongly 

So let’s just call it what it was - a mistake

How good was Westwood’s save from the deflection btw?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Somebody said:

But harsh on Monk, given the circumstances he was working under, but we do appear to have a united squad. Until we lose 2 on the bounce.

I blame him for around 60% of all this, even down to the fact we might have got the points deduction last season if we hadn’t gone into free fall and finished >12 points above relegation. 

1 minute ago, OwlerIT said:

I blame him for around 60% of all this, even down to the fact we might have got the points deduction last season if we hadn’t gone into free fall and finished >12 points above relegation. 

The disciplinary commission basically said that in the report

It’s not hard to imagine that if we’d just played Hutchinson and Westwood that we would have been able to pick up 6 more points from Xmas onwards

I actually believe Hutchinson and Westwood both care about Wednesday, how hard must it be to keep coming back to prove a point to the doubters time and time again when it would be easier to start looking elsewhere, both make the team and squad stronger.
Fans want commitment and desire and that’s what you get from this pair bad eggs or not. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1