Bournemouth - V - Wednesday OMDT

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’m gaining a lot of respect back for the players out there tonight, and how fantastic to see JR score. I hope he gets his confidence back to go on a run. Once JR starts scoring, he might keep on scoring.

It’s just something else to see him score isn’t it ?    After everything,  mostly bad while he’s been here , all the bad feeling that’s gone down and he’s still the bloke we all want to see banging the goals in for Wednesday 

Have any of us ever really 100% lost interest in him ?    I think he’s been managed horrendously,  has NT thought he’s my best chance of a goal scorer let’s get him back in amongst it 

3 minutes ago, FoxOwl12 said:

Will that display shut the whingers and moaners up.Bunch of nobheads.

Let’s gi orr with all that for one night eh ? We’ve all got our opinions worry’s and concerns for the club in the long term 

But Wednesdays just won away ..  one thing that unites us all , enjoy it 

That triple sub from Thompson won us the game. 

I was calling for Dunkley, Luongo and Harris to come on, but I was thinking Urhoghide, Pelupessy and Reach off. 
It stopped Bournemouth’s momentum and gave us an extra attacking threat. 

12 minutes ago, owlcity81 said:

Has Thompson got us playing a way that almost suits Rhodes. That's two games he has looked twice the player we have seen. Could you imagine him scoring our way to safety... 

Well if he does grab six or seven goals and gets us to safety that will repay a good slice of his transfer fee even now.

17 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It’s just something else to see him score isn’t it ?    After everything,  mostly bad while he’s been here , all the bad feeling that’s gone down and he’s still the bloke we all want to see banging the goals in for Wednesday 

Have any of us ever really 100% lost interest in him ?    I think he’s been managed horrendously,  has NT thought he’s my best chance of a goal scorer let’s get him back in amongst it 

I don't think we have. Whilst not speaking for everyone I think there is a certain amount of anger towards the way he's been treated rather than anger towards the player. He's not come up with the goods, we all know that, but stikers go through phases and need time on the pitch. Rhodes was dropped, brought back in and expected to deliver and didn't, so was dropped, brought back in....repeat ad infinitum. Of course we don't see him in training, but I doubt he slacks off. Rhodes scoring almost eclipsed the win for me and I doubt I was the only one who felt that.

• Thanks 1