URGENT - please read

Guest Whittonowl

Hi 

I just donated and got a confirmation email saying that they ( gofundme.com ) had taken an additional ‘tip’ of 10%.  That’s a little underhand, I would say. I don’t begrudge the original poster or the grand old guy my money, but the ‘charitable status’ is questionable- would rather he got £11 instead of £10 and them getting the £1. 

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Whittonowl said:

Hi 

I just donated and got a confirmation email saying that they ( gofundme.com ) had taken an additional ‘tip’ of 10%.  That’s a little underhand, I would say. I don’t begrudge the original poster or the grand old guy my money, but the ‘charitable status’ is questionable- would rather he got £11 instead of £10 and them getting the £1. 

You didnt read the page you donated on properly

You actually select the amount on there

1 minute ago, Whittonowl said:

I see. So being public spirited now involves reading small print. Shame. 

It's a massive drop down box on the donation page where you choose how much (if anything) you want to donate

You choose yourself - you can pick 10% or 5% or nothing

PM me your paypal mate - I'll refund you the amount and donate the equivalent amount to Bernard so you both win

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Whittonowl said:

Hi 

Send me your address pal and I’ll post you the £1 

• Thanks 1

Guest Grandad
4 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Trying to do it via my mobile but something isn’t working 

It didnt work on my address OR card at first

Sorted it now though

Guest Whittonowl

Sorry. I’m an old fart and find technology a bind. I tried to do the right thing only to get abuse. Think I’ll just climb back under my stone. I truly do wish the guy well and wouldn’t have donated if I didn’t. Please give the £1 to the cause and I’ll stay off this site in future as it’s beyond my frazzled comprehension