Transfer Deadline Day

7 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

And to think I had some hope we'd at least get a striker in. 

God I hope Marriott can find his previous form! God only knows we're going to need it

Korede Adedoyin will be the man. Believe...

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Are we the only one of the bottom 6 or 7 clubs that haven’t strengthened. Derby have done a hell of a lot of business. 

You're taking it for granted that all those moves have strengthened them. At least 2 other clubs (unfortunately, not highly likely to be 3) will be getting relegated anyway.

I didn't expect to see any signing's coming in today, costs usually goes up on deadline day, so that pretty much ruled us out.  

Only thing that would give me some hope and a huge lift right now would be for Liam Shaw to sign a new contract.  That would imo be as good as any signing we could have made if not better in the transfer window.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

You're taking it for granted that all those moves have strengthened them. At least 2 other clubs (unfortunately, not highly likely to be 3) will be getting relegated anyway.

Exactly, personally not convinced about forest and Birmingham, Huddersfield starting on a bad run (no win in 2021 yet), not strengthened and all teams below them have game's in hand.

February will be massive month for all the sides with 8 games in 4 weeks. 

I'm always annoyed if we havent signed anyone on deadline day.

But when it comes to strikers, it's fair to say we do have a few already on our books - currently all fit;

Paterson

Windass

Kachunga

Green

Marriott

Rhodes

We know none of these are exactly on fire... but given we're already paying these and have zero money for fees or wages - plus zero chance of someone taking a big earner from us, was it likely we'd get a 7th? 

Between the 6 of these - surely we can get something going under Thompson?

Probably at left back where we're short. Though in fairness when you play 352, which we seem to be doing, and have Penney, Galvin, Reach, Harris and even Odubajo and Palmer all in the squad and capable of playing that position you have to ask whether it warrants getting someone else in that you know will hit the ground running in this system?

Elsewhere with a few bodies back (Dunkley, Luongo, hopefully Shaw) and Urhoghide starting to really make a mark we'll have a stronger squad than what we have had recently.

Edited by davey_wells
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2