Transfer Deadline Day

When The Star ask the chairman whether Monk would have funds in the next transfer window, he replied, “It depends if we need, or not… My policy this summer, I just said, ‘Ok, of course in this situation we don’t have money’. I believe other clubs also don’t want to spend money, so everything must go lower.

“But we’ll try our best. If we don’t need to spend, that’s good, but if we need to spend. If it’s reasonable, then we’ll spend.

“It depends what we need or don’t need

Owlstalk Shop

To go two windows and still have 0 senior left backs is poor. To go into the 2nd half of a season where relegation is a distinct possibility and a wage cap would finish us, with a temporary manager, quite obvious gaps and most of your squad with the get out of being out of contract end of the season....is also not brilliant

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

When The Star ask the chairman whether Monk would have funds in the next transfer window, he replied, “It depends if we need, or not… My policy this summer, I just said, ‘Ok, of course in this situation we don’t have money’. I believe other clubs also don’t want to spend money, so everything must go lower.

“But we’ll try our best. If we don’t need to spend, that’s good, but if we need to spend. If it’s reasonable, then we’ll spend.

Financial circumstances  perhaps changed somewhat after he had to pay compensation to Monk and his coaching staff, plus Pulis after that

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's a really interesting quote, thanks for posting.  I think this explains the Pulis debacle too.

In the above DC says money is available, but crucially caveated with 'if we need'.  So its already being suggested that, actually, as long as they can have an excuse not to, there will be no money available for transfers/loans (despite it being glaringly obvious the squad that has been assembled is a car crash).

My theory would be that there was not a cat in hell's chance that Pulis would have joined without being promised funds to reinforce in January.  I suspect DC and co agreed to this, but really hoped that Pulis would get a short term reaction, and results pick up.  This would then give them the cover that, actually, we don't need to spend in January as results had picked up and the squad was showing it was good enough - when in reality it was, as we've seen this window, because the money wasn't there.  Delusional, for anyone who actually understands football to a minor degree, but for our lot it was possibly a last roll of the dice, which obviously went horribly wrong.  Pulis then worked out there was never any intention to spend any money, and started to engineer his exit.  Adding to the entire toxic mess, once again entirely of the making of our 'owner'.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Mad thing is when I post form tables the Chansiri fanboys give me pure hate

Now they want everyone to look at the form table it’s so confusing

lol

The sheer idea that there could still be Chanisiri fanboys blows my mind