Transfer Deadline Day

9 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

RIP Robin. I had a pal who was on a convalescence placement 63/64 time went down on a couple of visits. Always seemed to be on the score sheet two braces on my two visits. He was worshipped down there ! I'LL GET A COPY OF THE BOOK Cheers.    

Think you may be thinking of someone else Nev...

he only played for about  5 years 

In the mid seventies ...

He was 38 when he died ...

As well as a tidy footballer and as hard as nails , Friday used to pose as a plain clothes police officer and "arrest" Drug dealers in London Parks and "confiscate" their wares for "evidence" !!! ........

His prized possessions were a plastic bag with Led Zeppelin /Black Sabbath LP's and a bottle of vodka .....

The Jordan Rhodes of his era .....

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

So at the end of the most important window in our history we have no manger, one player no one wanted for 6 months, a player we didn't want 6 months ago, no left back, one top prospect sold for pittance, one leaving for even less in the summer when his shoulder injury miraculously heels and a forward line consisting of Cardiffs third choice right back, Derby's 7th choice striker, Kachunga who last scored in 1997 and the European thumbs up champion. 

Roll on the August window.

Im off to cry, night night. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

There's going to be one or two people gutted that Shaw hasn't gone to Celtic

Don't think anyone expected him to leave today. It has always been a pre-contract summer move that is on the table.

most will be gutted if for some reason he doesn't return to our first team for the remainder of the season.

Most are rightly fuming we still have no target man. 

1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

Embargo.

Just now, SiJ said:

Striker? 

Loan or permanent? 

I hear he's a young, hungry striker. 

In fact, he's actually playing for a sandwich. 

Edited by SiJ

Could be a horrendous 24 hours if we lose against Bournemouth.

On top of that Derby play Rotherham, Birmingham play Wycombe and Coventry play Forest tomorrow night. We could be really cut adrift if results go against up. 

Everyone needed a lift today. It’s been our most important transfer window I’d say in the last few years and we’ve accepted defeat. 

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Quite possibly.

Quite rightly aswell in all honesty 

You cannot be allowed to sign players when your struggling to pay wages,  there’s no getting away from that for me 

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

3 points tomorrow night and nobody will care about this transfer window

3 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Very much as expected, only possible positive to take from this is that sale of club has already been agreed.  Far more likely is that Chansiri has lost interest and is now taking some perverse satisfaction in trying to destroy the club.  His dereliction of duty is quite something.

At least 99 percent of the fans are on the same page for once

• Haha 1